Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-15-03, 01:50 AM   #1
slak

Default best config for gaming?

I've really started playing games in linux lately. I really enjoy playing EverQuest using winex. The graphics are fine in EQ in linux, except there is a bit of "video lag" when I move around somewhere I haven't been before or if I turn circles in an area where there is a lot of scenery(for lack of a better word).

I have been tweaking my driver installation, but still am getting this lag. I have done everything the driver install document says to do, I have also edited nv-registry.c to include VIA 4X agp support and AGP Fast Write support.

Can anyone tell me of anything else I could do to possibly improve my performance?
I have an MSI Geforce4 Ti4600 , 512megs of pc2700 ram and an AthlonXP 2200+ processor. Performance in windows is spectacular. I'd like them to be the same in linux so I don't have to dual-boot anymore.

Thanks for the help,

Brandon
slak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-03, 04:31 AM   #2
Thunderbird

A direct3d game like everquest will never perform as good on Linux using Wine or WineX as on Windows because Wine itself is not optimal and the direct3d->opengl layer itself is far from optimal. There's nothing you can do to improve performance except to use a lower resolution or color depth.
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote