Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-05-07, 08:52 PM   #169
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Most Overrated Game?

I thought it was a setting to just force HDR off. But a few screenshots have been posted with non HDR games showing off more HDR looking and more detailed light blooms.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-07, 09:33 AM   #170
Try4Ce

What the... Forced HDR? Only possible with an 8800 Series card eh?
Palit GeForce 260GTX 216 @ Stock
Try4Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-07, 10:08 AM   #171
nemecb

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
I was removed, but it's in Nhancer. It gives older Bloom effects a more of a HDR glow. Not a big difference, but still nice.
I told you to stop picking fights with that bouncer...
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-07, 10:33 AM   #172
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
I thought it was a setting to just force HDR off. But a few screenshots have been posted with non HDR games showing off more HDR looking and more detailed light blooms.
i will try Double Agent, with AA on and this force HDR trick
Old 10-08-07, 12:34 PM   #173
Lith1um

Bought fear last week, I can't bring myself to finish it. No incentive, just one lime green hallway after another.

Boring, repetitive game. I played 2 levels and unistalled it. Imo the demo was better than the game.

Maybe I would have liked it better if I'd played it in 2005 when it was released.
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 11:06 AM   #174
Logical

Most overhyped and overated game = CRYSIS
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 02:22 PM   #175
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
Most overhyped and overated game = CRYSIS
Oh you played the retail game already? Wow, where did you get it? If there is one overated and overhyped game than its Halo3.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 03:38 PM   #176
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Halo 3. I don't even know why there is a thread on this. Halo 3 is the most over hyped AVERAGE piece of software to ever release.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-07, 03:43 PM   #177
methimpikehoses

Bioshock. Pretty good story and graphics, but ridiculously short, linear, and basically an art deco dungeon crawl.
Old 11-08-07, 06:11 PM   #178
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
Oh you played the retail game already? Wow, where did you get it? If there is one overated and overhyped game than its Halo3.
I dont have to play it m8....it's common sense....

After the millions of vids and screenies, they deliver a demo that is utter and complete POS.

Yes it has nice visuals...but so do most of my high res desktop wallpapers...but i won't be sat there staring at them when i could be playing COD4.

I doubt very very much that they can get crysis optimised a LOT better than the demo, and if they did....would that make a difference to gameplay ?

BTW agree with you 100% with Halo3 in fact you can add halo 1 & 2 to that as well.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 07:51 PM   #179
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
I dont have to play it m8....it's common sense....

After the millions of vids and screenies, they deliver a demo that is utter and complete POS.

Yes it has nice visuals...but so do most of my high res desktop wallpapers...but i won't be sat there staring at them when i could be playing COD4.

I doubt very very much that they can get crysis optimised a LOT better than the demo, and if they did....would that make a difference to gameplay ?
I didn't watch all videos or screenshots of Crysis and I have barely seen anything related to the aliens, zero-G enviroment, and the whole ice morph transition and apparently the story (from the reviews that got leaked) isn't a shabby one either. I'm also content with the performance because I don't need 40-60fps and it plays at my native resolution and it's enjoyable, thats all what matters (to me).

I do think that the gameplay is a lot better has more to offer than CoD4. There are very little scripts in Crysis, advanced AI, no endlessy spawning enemies, advanced physics and enviroment destruction. You have more freedom how to play the game, you can try out different tactics and the AI tries to adapt to your actions. All this are huge positives when it comes to gameplay and I didn't see one bit of in the CoD4 demo (which apparently is one of the weaker levels).

Gameplay is of course always subjective, some people like one type of gameplay others something else.

I'd also rate CoD4 lower because it doesn't "add" any PC specific improvements and doesn't bring PC gaming and technology forward. It's basically the same on the PC and console. CoD2 on PC had at least better textures than the X360 version. I know it might be silly but I like PC gaming much more and if a company delivers something that looks the same on the superior platform, then I'm a little disappointed.

Like I said in the other thread, in the end it comes down to personal preference and Crysis (demo) hit my "personal preference" almost perfectly, other feel different about it, and thats fine with me.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 07:59 PM   #180
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Never knew so many hated hl2 - I love it and w. the fakefactory mods it's plain awesome, the facial animations are

My vote would go to any of the Splinter Cell games. Never understood the whole hype over it.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote