Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-06-07, 04:36 AM   #49
saguy

Default Re: Didn't TimeShift Ship? Anyone buy it?

Everyone who has the game loves it apart from the reviewers so I will definitely be buying myself a copy. I used to go allot on reviews but in my opinion they appear to be getting it so wrong of late. The Wicher scores were far too low and Halo3 and EP2 are too high and based on the Demo COD4 is also is also overrated. I suppose I am like most people in that I like to think that I have good taste in games, but recently I am disagreeing more and more with the scores.

I am going to put my money where my mouth is and instead of buying COD4 like the rest of the sheep, I will be getting Timeshift.
saguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 08:25 AM   #50
conroejoe
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtomat74
Max Payne, HL2, and FEAR rolled into a game...I've been having lots of fun playing since last night after finally getting it to start without the "small window crash".

169.04 no start
163's work perfectly.
The engine looks like Riddick or Doom3 sort of, anyone know what they did use?

Agreed completely. The whole timeshift thing is mearly marketing. Sure you can slow and stop time ever so briefly but you just pause kill, pause kill, rinse and repeat. Some of the outdoor scenes get tough and the energy is used up too quick to do much in large outdoor situations.

Alot like Max Payne and Stranglehold. Reminds me alot of Quake4, HL2 in the parts on the quad, FEAR. Outdoors it does seem kinda Doom-ish as your character has that weighted and bulky feel. I believe it's a custom engine.

I have no problems with 169.04.
conroejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 09:01 AM   #51
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saguy
Everyone who has the game loves it apart from the reviewers so I will definitely be buying myself a copy. I used to go allot on reviews but in my opinion they appear to be getting it so wrong of late. The Wicher scores were far too low and Halo3 and EP2 are too high and based on the Demo COD4 is also is also overrated. I suppose I am like most people in that I like to think that I have good taste in games, but recently I am disagreeing more and more with the scores.

I am going to put my money where my mouth is and instead of buying COD4 like the rest of the sheep, I will be getting Timeshift.

QFT. PR hyped games get the stupid overated 10 scores while the little guys that have awesome gameplay/gfx/etc get raped with 7 scores.

Marketing really seems to work on the weak review monkeys.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 10:40 PM   #52
kev13dd

Anyone else dissapointed with the ending? The way they kept trying to add tidbits made me think that we were going to see a twist at the end... and we got... nothing. Not even a real boss battle, just the end and a crappy end video of what we pretty much had already assumed

K
Maybe the guys at Shugashack should play around with their gamma correction just a little bit because most of the screenshot are so dark you can't get an idea of what this game is really going to look like
In reference to Doom 3 screenshots from 2001
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote