Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Thread Tools
Old 11-16-07, 04:39 PM   #25
sillyeagle's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 5,396
Default Re: WTH is this: please insert the original disc instead of a backup(1000)?

As I said I already replaced the disk, and the the game was reinstalled from the new disk with no change.

The game will only launch about 7% of the time, the other 93% of the time I get the error.

Luckily I dont play multiplayer, so the cracked exe is fine with me. Maybe firmware will fix this though since that worked for MaxThreat.
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem Quad @ 4.0GHz
EVGA GTX 660 SLI @ 1046MHz
OCZ Platinum CL7 6GB
EVGA Intel X58
A man's dreams are an index to his greatness.
sillyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 08:02 PM   #26
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,364
Default Re: WTH is this: please insert the original disc instead of a backup(1000)?

my normal edition disc clicks in my drive too. Freaked me out too. Clicked a whole boatload of times, until it finally let me hit autorun, and I'm installing it as we speak. I have a cheap, uh, Lite-on?, lightscribe dvd rw dual layer SATA drive, just bought it a few months ago though. First disc I ever had this happen.

I hope it doesn't keep happening everytime i start up my computer or pop this disc back in.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 08:20 PM   #27
SH0DAN's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Citadel Station
Posts: 1,676
Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN
Default Re: WTH is this: please insert the original disc instead of a backup(1000)?

Originally Posted by einstein_314
My LG SATA DVD burner also makes the weird clicking noises when I first put in the disk.....I don't know why. I wouldn't consider this a not decent drive....it's great. Hmmm....

Lol, here's another funny thing I ran into AVG Free edition thinks that there is a virus in crysis.exe. Lol. Apparently it's some bug in AVG...but I was really confused/worried when I booted up and AVG pops up telling me I had a virus. Lol.

Both of new Samsung SATA dvd rw drives also make wierd nioses when the Crysis dvd is in eithier of them.

One is a 183s 18x,the other a newer 203S 20x.Only Crysis does this,out of dozens of original game discs..
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Divinity: Original Sin announced, top down RPG to 'address frustrations with Divine News Archived News Items 0 05-28-12 02:20 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.