Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-16-07, 04:48 PM   #1
esok

Default Requesting texture compression in my application crashes on latest nvidia driver

I have written an application that loads images and asks them to be compressed with the ARB texture compression extensions, which I save to disk and reuse at a later time. I have verified that texture compression is supported in the driver (at least according to the GL extensions). When I first request texture compression, I get the following error message in the console:

depc_bin: glx_texture_compression.c:58: __indirect_glGetCompressedTexImageARB: Assertion `image_bytes >= ((4 * reply.length) - 3)' failed.

I am attaching a bug report, gzipped.

I just upgraded to Fedora 8 and I'm using the livna packages to install the nvidia accelerated driver. The same program worked just fine on the same machine under Fedora 5 with an older driver. I also tried the 96xx series driver under Fedora 8 with the same crash.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (21.9 KB, 98 views)
esok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 05:48 PM   #2
AaronP
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: Requesting texture compression in my application crashes on latest nvidia driver

Can you provide a copy of your application that reproduces the problem, please?
AaronP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 08:25 AM   #3
esok

Default Re: Requesting texture compression in my application crashes on latest nvidia driver

I found the problem. The Mesa OpenGL drivers were being used instead of the nvidia ones. Once I removed Mesa everything worked. Thanks.
esok is offline   Reply With Quote