Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-19-07, 10:29 AM   #13
OakStream

Default Re: NVRM Xid messages, hangs, graphics corruption with Geforce 6200 on AMD64

It's easy to blame it on the hardware, but since so many people are having problems with this, it's clearly a driver problem...
I can't finish my school project, since starting an OpenGL application kills my computer. The sad thing about this is that we've all spent a lot of money on our graphics card, just to realize that it doesn't support our favourite OS.
I know that you guys at Nvidia are working on this particular problem and I don't mean to be rude, but it's hard to not get frustrated.
I'm aware of the fact that I'm fairly new to this forum and that all I've done so far is to complain, and I am sorry about this.
I can't wait for a stable driver to come out.

In the mean time, maybe we should sponsor the Nouveau open source project instead.