Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-17-07, 10:26 PM   #1
Dvahlish

Default Rogue poisons question

I have a question.
My rogue is level 38, and way back when she accepted the quest to start using poisons I didnt get around to doing it and now I have abandoned it by accident.

The rogue trainer is Org doesnt have it to give to me anymore.

Have I missed out completely on learning poisons now, or is there another way?

Old 12-18-07, 04:57 AM   #2
glObalist
working as intended

Default Re: Rogue poisons question

From wowwiki:

"Gaining the Poisons Skill

At level 20, rogues are able to begin a quest chain which ends with the acquisition of the Poisons skill. The exact quests depend on the rogue's faction.

For Alliance, go to the Old Town in Stormwind. Master Mathias Shaw at SI:7 headquarters offers the first quest in the chain, Mathias and the Defias. The quest takes place in a tower on the southern border of Westfall near Stranglethorn Vale, along the river, and requires a skill level of 70 in Lockpicking to complete. After completing Klaven's Tower, the second quest in the chain, you will gain the Poisons skill and also learn the recipe for Instant Poison.

For Horde, go to the Cleft of Shadow in Orgrimmar and perform The Shattered Salute. The Horde quest chain is difficult to complete solo at level 20, but two level 20 characters or a solo rogue around level 23 should be able to complete it. The two main quests in the chain take place in a tower in the northeast corner of the Barrens. When the quest objectives are completed, the rogue will be poisoned with a very slow-acting poison debuff. After turning in the quest at the Cleft of Shadow, the rogue travels to Tarren Mill in the Hillsbrad Foothills, where they will be cured of the poison debuff (though the poison is easily curable through a variety of other means as well) and gain the Poisons skil"
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 10:46 PM   #3
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist
From wowwiki:

"Gaining the Poisons Skill

At level 20, rogues are able to begin a quest chain which ends with the acquisition of the Poisons skill. The exact quests depend on the rogue's faction.

For Alliance, go to the Old Town in Stormwind. Master Mathias Shaw at SI:7 headquarters offers the first quest in the chain, Mathias and the Defias. The quest takes place in a tower on the southern border of Westfall near Stranglethorn Vale, along the river, and requires a skill level of 70 in Lockpicking to complete. After completing Klaven's Tower, the second quest in the chain, you will gain the Poisons skill and also learn the recipe for Instant Poison.

For Horde, go to the Cleft of Shadow in Orgrimmar and perform The Shattered Salute. The Horde quest chain is difficult to complete solo at level 20, but two level 20 characters or a solo rogue around level 23 should be able to complete it. The two main quests in the chain take place in a tower in the northeast corner of the Barrens. When the quest objectives are completed, the rogue will be poisoned with a very slow-acting poison debuff. After turning in the quest at the Cleft of Shadow, the rogue travels to Tarren Mill in the Hillsbrad Foothills, where they will be cured of the poison debuff (though the poison is easily curable through a variety of other means as well) and gain the Poisons skil"
Thanks, I know the quest
The issue was that I abandoned it, and now I am unable to get it back from the questgiver.

I contacted a GM today, so Ill see what they come back with.
Old 12-19-07, 12:26 AM   #4
glObalist
working as intended

While we're at this, does ANYONE have ANY idea why Blizzard removed poison animations from the game in 2.2.0? Or was it earlier?

I miss the dripping green things on my weapons so much:

It's things like these that make you go "WTF is wrong with people and their ideas" these days.
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 03:35 PM   #5
Dvahlish

Well..after speaking to a GM last night, he reopened the quest for me.
I then spent about an hour making poisons just to get my levelling up.
How cool are they to use though!?

Have never rolled a rogue before, its all very amusing and new to me

Loving it.

Thanks guys