Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-20-07, 07:52 AM   #1
Paul1492

Default G-Sync Lockup

I have a dual GPU (Quadro FX5600) with G-Sync option installed on a Concurrent RedHawk Linux system with 169.04 version of the NVIDIA Driver installed.

My problem is that I have an application that must restart the X server (I've tried two different methods for this: "killall -HUP X" or "/usr/sbin/gdm-restart"). After having the program restart the X server, I'm unable to access the G-Sync parameters.

Since I am restarting the X server, I must login to my target machine remotely to run these programs. I then set my DISPLAY environment variable to my target machine.

My actual program uses OpenSceneGraph 1.2 but I seem to have reproduced the problem using GLUT. In my OSG example, I restart the X server after deleting ALL OSG objects. In the GLUT example, I'm doing it in the ESC keyboard handler.

After restarting the X server (within the program) and the program exited, I then attempt to use nvidia-settings (at the command line) to query the FrameLock parameters and I'm getting a message that I don't have a FrameLock device.

At the command line, if I restart the X server (again), then I can access the framelock information.

It appears that something in the program is still handing onto the G-Sync card when the X server is restarted causing the G-Sync card to be "locked up" such that I can not query it. Once the program exits, it appears to free up what ever was locking it up and then restarting the X server (again) frees it up.

I also had this problem with 100.14.19 on the same machine.

When I run the exact same program on a machine with a single Quadro FX 4400 with the G-Sync option (running with 100.14.11 NVIDIA driver), I do not see the problem (i.e. I can access the framelock information immediately after restarting the X server.

I am not even using the G-sync in this test example, but I DO need to configure it (using the NV-CONTROL API) in my actual application.

Any idea what is going on here?

Paul P.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (29.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: txt glutpoints.cpp.txt (2.0 KB, 81 views)
File Type: txt fltest.txt (194 Bytes, 89 views)
File Type: txt transcript.txt (1.2 KB, 90 views)
Paul1492 is offline   Reply With Quote