Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-25-03, 11:23 PM   #25
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
Just noticed the missing water hazard in the FX shot. Not sure why that is.

The skydome looks to be the one that is used for "Sunny" conditions. Too bad you can't see the lens flare effects in either of those shots. All the others have volumetric clouds that move with the wind direction...it is really cool to play in Stormy conditions and watch the rain pelt you and leave little puddles on the ground, especially the green. Now if we could just render a "rooster tail" for the golf ball when it is putted in the rain, then we might be ON to something....

Believe it or not, the Radeon 9800 water might look better in a still shot, but the GF renders the animated water a bit more realistically. Hopefully ATI might offer some assistance this year in working some of these rendering issues....who knows?
commenting basically on the images in the tom's review and a recent b3d review which had flat water issues...

personally I have had no problems ingame so far... and iq has been great...

the only FX gpu I have personally used has been the 5800 (for a little bit) and a 5200 gpu that my friend has... therefore I will reserve judgement on these till I actually spend a decent amount of time with em
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-03, 11:19 AM   #26
DivotMaker

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
personally I have had no problems ingame so far... and iq has been great...

Are you saying that you have Tiger Woods 2003? If so, how do you like the game and what could we do better?
DivotMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-03, 11:24 AM   #27
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Are you saying that you have Tiger Woods 2003? If so, how do you like the game and what could we do better?
nope.. not tw2003

I spose I should have constructed my sentence better but it was like 3 am over here lol..

what can you do better... hmm... um I want more allied assault

you have any info on why the design team were let go and why EA decided to further the franchise themselves ?
Old 06-26-03, 11:43 AM   #28
DivotMaker

Quote:

what can you do better... hmm... um I want more allied assault

you have any info on why the design team were let go and why EA decided to further the franchise themselves ?
Which game?
Old 06-26-03, 11:54 AM   #29
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Which game?
medal of honor...

2015 made the first 2... and were dumped by EA so EA could develop pacific assault themselves AFAIK... I just wanted to know if yuo have any info about why they were dumped ?

btw 2015 is making men of valor : vietnam and a group of former 2015 lads are making call of duty...

they all look awesome btw..
Old 06-26-03, 12:58 PM   #30
DivotMaker

Quote:
medal of honor...

2015 made the first 2... and were dumped by EA so EA could develop pacific assault themselves AFAIK... I just wanted to know if yuo have any info about why they were dumped ?

btw 2015 is making men of valor : vietnam and a group of former 2015 lads are making call of duty...

they all look awesome btw..
Not sure why. I know the EA Games Community Manager, Mike Murphy, but I don't believe he would reveal the reason.
Old 06-27-03, 11:36 AM   #31
DivotMaker

I am not sure about this, but I think I have discovered the reason for the anomalies with the 5900 screenshots.

TW2003 was developed with a max frame buffer size of 128 MB for video cards. The first week of June, EA released a patch (1.2) that addresses users who have purchased 256 MB cards and the game not running properly.

I have since gone to the exact spot (10th green at Sahalee) and the water hazards (both of them) renders just fine on my Ti4600. I am pretty confident that if whoever took those screens will apply the patch, the 5900 should render the hazards properly.