Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-20-07, 02:02 PM   #1
Glitch85

Send a message via MSN to Glitch85
Default Samsung TV in 100hz

Hi

I have bough an LE40M87BDX TV, when I get in the normal TV signal the picture show a much smoother movements, but when I turn over to my PC, from DVI to HDMI and playing an 8 GB mkv file and 720p quality it doesnt show smooth at all show great picture but not smooth. And its using Combined-Community-Codec-Pack-2007-02-22 which has some inbuild accelerators for better picture.

I am almost sure that its because it needs to run in 100 hz like the feature says :

translated from http://www.samsung.com/dk/products/t.../le40m87bd.asp
"LCD Hz treats steady portraits known speedier movements. The new engineering LCD Hz belabour the signal to give a portrait by bleed movements , there no pick. TO sportsudsendelser and actionscener by speedier movements unmarking you the difference!"

I have a Geforce 8800 GTX so graphics card shouldnt be the problem.
In windows vista the hz shows max 60hz.

does anyone know how to get the movies play from the computer smoother or know how to get a tv into 100 hz mode ?
Glitch85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 04:13 PM   #2
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Samsung TV in 100hz

Some TVs advertise this great smooth motion feature, but can only apply it to resolutions under their 'home resolution'.

One thing to try though, is unticking the option to hide unsafe resolutions, or you could try and find a monitor driver or you could create a custom resolution in the nvidia control panel.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-07, 03:06 AM   #3
Glitch85

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Some TVs advertise this great smooth motion feature, but can only apply it to resolutions under their 'home resolution'.

One thing to try though, is unticking the option to hide unsafe resolutions, or you could try and find a monitor driver or you could create a custom resolution in the nvidia control panel.
Thanks for the reply.

the hide unsafe resolution option is grayed out.
And there is not driver out there as far as I can see, I tried both lokal samgsung site and the global support download site. Also tried driversguide, and search a lot about it on google.

How do I create a custom resolution in nvidia control panel, isnt it the same at rightclick on desktop and change it in there ?

I have wrote a support mail to the local samsung about pc and 100 hz, hope I hear from them.
Old 12-22-07, 04:04 AM   #4
dxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch85
Hi

I have bough an LE40M87BDX TV, when I get in the normal TV signal the picture show a much smoother movements, but when I turn over to my PC, from DVI to HDMI and playing an 8 GB mkv file and 720p quality it doesnt show smooth at all show great picture but not smooth. And its using Combined-Community-Codec-Pack-2007-02-22 which has some inbuild accelerators for better picture.

I am almost sure that its because it needs to run in 100 hz like the feature says :

translated from http://www.samsung.com/dk/products/t.../le40m87bd.asp
"LCD Hz treats steady portraits known speedier movements. The new engineering LCD Hz belabour the signal to give a portrait by bleed movements , there no pick. TO sportsudsendelser and actionscener by speedier movements unmarking you the difference!"

I have a Geforce 8800 GTX so graphics card shouldnt be the problem.
In windows vista the hz shows max 60hz.

does anyone know how to get the movies play from the computer smoother or know how to get a tv into 100 hz mode ?
That 8800GTX of yours won't do anything to assist high-def video playback, nVidia only introduced that feature in the 8600 and new 8800 ranges. What's your CPU consumption looking like when you play something back?
dxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-07, 09:06 AM   #5
Glitch85

Arround 35 % with wow, winamp, ie, a lots of other stuff open meanwhile playing the movie.

I have an Intel Core 2 QX6700 so that shouldnt be the problem either.
Old 12-22-07, 12:30 PM   #6
dxx

Is that 35% of the total? If so, and you've got one thread occupying 25% of the processor time, that could well be 100% of one core. Be that the case?
dxx is offline   Reply With Quote