Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-22-07, 07:08 AM   #61
m3dude

Default Re: Crysis *NOT* optimized for Multi-Core, yet?

go check core usage in the snow scenes where the gpu is the limiting factor. u can also compare performance from single to dual to quad.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-07, 04:39 PM   #62
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
are u aware that bottlenecks can differ greatly depending on the workload? do you understand that the cpu and gpu each process different things? using your logic i could say all those games u listed are terribly optimized because they dont make full use of 8800 gtx in sli, but thats not the case, the bottleneck is just reversed in those games as compared to crysis

I understand what you are getting at,but anecdotal evidence suggest otherwise is all I am saying.

It can easily be argued either way.

I am a fan of the game,and bought a copy on launch day rather then pirate it.I am not trying to trash the game or Crytek at this point.

I am just suggesting that the 'ops' in the game for more then 2 cores is likely over stated by Crytek.Hopefully this will change in the future.
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-07, 05:12 PM   #63
m3dude

the game uses multicore just fine, if ur gpu is the limiting factor tho, how do u expect adding more cpu power to possibly help? doesnt even make sense. also, which anecdotal evidence are u talking about? ive NEVER seen a gpu limited game scale with more cpu power. its rly that simple.

again ill refer to those 3 games you listed, game at 1600x1200 on a g80, note your frames. add in a 2nd g80 at those settings and note ur frames. you will have virtually ZERO performance increase. until u alleviate the cpu bottleneck all the gpu power in the world wont do ****. same for crysis. when the cpu is sitting by waiting for the gpu to process shader and texture ops, wtf can it do but sit idle?

heres an analogy. lets say u want to build a desk, and god grants u 2 extra arms so u have 4 total to do it faster, but u have no legs so u need someone else to bring you the supplies. those 4 arms wont do you any good while ur sitting waiting for the supplies.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote