Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-29-03, 11:55 AM   #1
vreid70

Cool Nvidia New Driver On Mandrake 9.1

The New Driver From Nvidia Works Great...At First It Was Difficult As Being Sorta New To Linux But It Just Requires To Carefully Read What Information There Is Out There...The First Few Times I Did Screw Up On It...I did the normal thing and changed the driver from nv to nvidia for some reason it seems to work best if you extract the .run file in init 1 than sh the run file on mandrake anyway...Why it needs to work in that order is beyond me..but it works...than edit the good ol XF86Config-4 File to the right driver and add all the good options you would like...Many choices of things you can have there...I am still enjoying the results of this new driver..my only wish is to figure out how to get the thing operating at the normal 32Bit Color It is now still at 24 bit......Lots of instructions on how that is computed...However It gets rather Confusing..If anyone can narrow it down for me I would be grateful...Just want to say thanks Nvidia for giving us that wonderful driver...
vreid70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-03, 02:20 PM   #2
Dark Jedi
In the TARDIS

Umm... shouldn't this be in here?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/foru...?s=&forumid=14

Moderator - Elite Bastards

Folding for Team nV News
Dark Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-03, 02:32 PM   #3
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Jedi
Umm... shouldn't this be in here?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/foru...?s=&forumid=14
Yes, yes it should. You just beat me to pointing that out.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-03, 02:35 PM   #4
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

moved
Old 06-29-03, 04:33 PM   #5
vreid70

Yes..I see that now...I do see that the performace of Windows is super compared to that of my linux...However that does not make me love linux any less...after al in the world of linux we are always growing and each of us are learning at our own pace...It is true my picture on mswindows is much cleaner-sharper and really fast...Compared to my linux..But I love linux and I love that we have our own systems to create and that linux is really a world of people getting together for creation...If we want things to get better than we need to learn and create and devolop..Its not up to the manufactures of hardware..but really up to us...and yes i did read earliar on the difference between 32 bit as being a fallacy.bpp..It doesn't bother me..I am excited and love my graphics from nvidia and linux..and want to learn as much as i can about everything in the unix..linux world..so i too can develop..and create...
vreid70 is offline   Reply With Quote