Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-03-08, 02:13 PM   #25
DROT

Default Re: Well, my 360 finally gave up the ghost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog
Did they give one with the new falcon and hdmi???

Well I'm not gonna open it up but no HDMI. It's a replacement. They gave me a free month of Xbox Live though >< I get another 2 years of warranty now.
DROT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-08, 12:44 PM   #26
DROT

Get this, after 2 days of the replacement xbox I got the RROD yet again. Are you kidding me? 2 days?
Old 01-04-08, 01:02 PM   #27
ReDxKiNG

Yea, Ive heard the horror stories from people regarding microsofts replacement service, mine got ****ed up(RROD) about 6 months ago, I was going to ship it to microsoft for repair and heard the turn around time was 2 weeks...I couldnt wait that long and plus on top of that I heard from friends that have done it,that you might get a defective console back so I said **** it and decided I couldnt wait that long and on top of that, couldnt take the chance of getting back a defective one. So in short, I said **** the warranty, went on craigslist, and paid a guy 60 bucks to open it up for me and repair it and got it back the next day.All he did was open it up, made the heatsinks lose contact with the cpu and gpu chips(which prevents the motherboard from bending as this is the cause of the RROD), he also cleaned off the old cheap ass thermal grease and applied some artic silver 5 and voila problem solved, has worked perfectly for me since then and this is a first gen xbox 360. I even left it on for 48 hours when I got it back from him to make sure it worked properly and didnt get it again.Since then ive played pretty much everything from Assasins creed to COD4 to Mass effect for hours and hours and have not experienced so much as a freeze let a lone a rrod. I am a pc technician and could have easily done it myself but my time was limited and I didnt feel like screwing with it. Moral of the story,if u dont give a rats ass about warranty(and microsofts piss poor return service at that), go my route, and you will never experience rrod again.
ReDxKiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 03:35 PM   #28
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

I recently sent my brother's RROD 360 to MS for repair after registering it under my Live account. it was manufactured in 2/06. They received it this thursday. Till last night the status said waiting for device at center. Today morning it said device shipped to customer and they have given a fedex tracking #. Funny thing is the serial # has changed. After googling, I found this happens when they replace the console. Also from the serial, it looks like we are getting one with a manufacturing date 12/07. Does that mean falcon and/or hdmi?
Old 01-05-08, 03:39 PM   #29
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog
I recently sent my brother's RROD 360 to MS for repair after registering it under my Live account. it was manufactured in 2/06. They received it this thursday. Till last night the status said waiting for device at center. Today morning it said device shipped to customer and they have given a fedex tracking #. Funny thing is the serial # has changed. After googling, I found this happens when they replace the console. Also from the serial, it looks like we are getting one with a manufacturing date 12/07. Does that mean falcon and/or hdmi?
with that date, it should be.
Old 01-05-08, 04:18 PM   #30
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

I recently picked up an Elite with the falcon, be interesting to see how long that lasts.

My previous two Cores both went wrong.... blasted DVD drive both times.

Not noticed a single gripe with the Falcon goodness reported anywhere, fingers crossed this means Microsofts next console may actually have some backbone.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 02:14 PM   #31
DROT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
with that date, it should be.
My MFR Date for my replacement was 11/24/2007 and it has no HDMI and it started locking up after 2 days. I don't know if they give you a falcon when yours goes bad...I'm pretty sure I didn't.
Old 01-07-08, 06:01 AM   #32
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Most consoles have had multiple revisions, eventually they work as they are expected to. But I must say the 360 has been out for some time now and it's still not up to standards (ie, with electronic devices you can expect about 5% failure rate, and thats a bit high to begin with)

My first PSX had read problems from day one, second one had too after a while, I fixed that one with a cd unit from a newer version i got from a friend(tv bench colapsed ontop of it), _then_ it worked for several years

I bought the ps2 two years after it's release, as I heard nasty rumors about it too at launch.

My old MegaDrive2 and Nes was rock solid, but they too was bought long after first release.

Your average consumer electronic device is expected to last between 5 and 10 years
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-08, 08:37 AM   #33
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

We sent the box for repair to Texas and now the return is coming from Reymosa, Mexico...so now they have factories in Mexico that turn dead 360s into new like they do with cars?????
Old 01-07-08, 08:40 AM   #34
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Send a message via AIM to nV`andrew Send a message via MSN to nV`andrew Send a message via Skype™ to nV`andrew

Have had mine since the day of launch. Going strong.
nV`andrew is offline   Reply With Quote