Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-30-07, 07:19 AM   #13
glObalist
working as intended

Default Re: Anyone else see something wrong with this picture?

Yeah lots of bugged mobs lately; I even met one who wouldn't take any white damage whatsoever, I had to down him with Sinister Strikes all the way.

And just yesterday I gathered a terrocone herb that was floating 2 meters above the ground in Terokkar Forest.
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-07, 10:21 AM   #14
Gorion
Papahs Pleez

Anyone else see something wrong with this picture?

Yeah WOW is running
Old 11-30-07, 05:17 PM   #15
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

like several who have posted before your UI is terrible.

I was using X-Perl before 2.3, but deleted my whole interface folder when something was causing the game to randomly just stop. I haven't even bothered getting any mods since then, heck I'm even used to the default Bliz UI right now.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 07:03 PM   #16
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
like several who have posted before your UI is terrible.

I was using X-Perl before 2.3, but deleted my whole interface folder when something was causing the game to randomly just stop. I haven't even bothered getting any mods since then, heck I'm even used to the default Bliz UI right now.
I dont think its fair to say anyone else UI is terrible....its just that you personally dont like it.
he obviously likes it just fine, which is why he uses it

Yeh...I just use Blizzards basic UI now and modify it to the way I want it.
I had bartender and bongo's and had problems, so I gave up.
All I have now is Titan, Auctioneer, mobinfo, atlas and the bag one
Old 12-03-07, 07:19 AM   #17
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

In Ganksbrad I see a lot of the mobs do this weird, perpetual fall through ground and quickly reset, it looks pretty funny. Or they start walking up trees or very steep cliffs at odd angles.
Old 12-05-07, 06:41 PM   #18
Son Goku

I simply can NOT go with the default UI. Too much scrolling to access one's skills; especially when people can expect one to do every blasted thing under the sun, instantly, with no delay, while wanting one to top DPS meter at all times. And of course, everyone is competing to beat every other person.

One needs fast access to everything one is going to use. No scrolling, no extra mouse clicks, no having to go grab the thing. Fully setup yet? No; but I need everything at my finger tips in such a highly competitive environment, with no time for delay. It's bad enough that I'm still sitting here with a Radeon 9600 gfx card, which at times dips down to 6 or 7 frames per sec; and still have some rare quality items left. I simply can't scroll the skill bars or whatever else, as it can seem I'm practically given no time to move my finger, or whatever else. I got rid of the default UI with the stress of having to do it all, without having a moment to scroll through, get access to anything.

Anyhow, that was 1 such visual glitch, where the physics of the game simply fall to the improbable I've seen tons others
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-08, 12:30 AM   #19
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
Or since when can my raptor Levitate OK, Blizzard has been known for some odd graphical glitches, or places where the game physics just seems odd. Having a long robe and sitting on a saber mount is one example. Instead of the cloth draping over the cat's back, cloth slices through the cat's middle and sticks out the bottom, but the cat runs OK anyhow.

But this one is among those that take the cake. Just thought I'd take a screen captur to show people how humeriously odd this one is My pet has to be standing stationary more then a few feet above the table, here.
Glitches yeh....
The other day I was grinding for devilsaur leather in Un goro and I just fell off the map.
My party members could see me moving/falling on thier maps but to me all I had was a blue screen and I couldnt hearth, or log out, it just kept saying "cant do that while moving"
After about 3 mins it stopped......and I hearthed out of there.

I have no idea what happened, but it was like I had fallen into another dimension or something.

Weird.
Old 01-04-08, 08:57 AM   #20
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
This is mine, and Zooms, I hate to break it to ya, but GW GUI aint got nothing on WoW.

I had to resize the screenshot down to 75% for the forum.

there is something wrong with this picture...

no epic flight =P

while we are on the subject of posting random wow pics

-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-08, 09:04 AM   #21
Son Goku

I don't have a picture of this other one, but falling through... I was taking a boat from Auberdine to Exodar, when next thing I know, I was a million miles up in the air, falling through the world. I was all the way down to Desolase, or perhaps Feralas, still way above the world, even discovering areas I could never have got to on a mount as I fell through the sky; before the GMs got back to me.

They ended up having to port me, to place me anywhere I could get out of at this point.
Old 01-06-08, 07:36 PM   #22
Dvahlish

I had a good one happen this weekend.
I was on a windrider going to Ferales, and when i reached the docking port instead of getting off the windrider, I stayed on it and was able to fly about as if I was on a flying mount.

I stayed on it and flew about circeling around people and freaking them out, because of course they were wondering how I got my flying mount out of the outlands

In the end I just had to choose dismount, and I came back to the ground again.
Was funny though
Old 01-07-08, 07:18 AM   #23
Son Goku

Not a glitch, but Bloodmyst Isle has a quest, "Kessel's run" or something like that, where they give people a 100% mount on a 15 min duration, to allow them to complete it. Less so now, but when BC first came out, people freaked, wondering where lvl 10s were getting mounts from
Old 01-07-08, 04:28 PM   #24
kazna

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
How do WOWers play through all that GUI?
Thats nothing compared to my old 1280x1024 UI:

My new 1680x1050 UI is similar, but allows everything a bit more room to spread out. =)

Main's name is Anzak now on Blade's Edge. Left the top guild on Shadowsong (horde side anyway) to play with some RL friends on Blade's Edge. Seeing the content is great, but farming an instance for 6 months while waiting for Blizzard to release the next one is not.

...Should of waited till I'd picked up my 4 piece tier 6 though. =/
kazna is offline   Reply With Quote