Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-30-03, 05:37 PM   #1
Rcdrvrrc7

Send a message via AIM to Rcdrvrrc7 Send a message via Yahoo to Rcdrvrrc7
Question Kernel-Sources

How do you use Yast2 to install the Kernel Sources in SuSE 8.2 Pro? everyone says to do it, but how and where? I get that same error that i dont have them, and if i dont have them then I can't configure them.
Rcdrvrrc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-03, 06:44 AM   #2
leibold

First you need to run the YaST2 Control Center (this is different from the KDE Control Center). You can find it either by following the KDE Start Menu -> System -> YaST2 or the next panel icon Administration -> YaST2 Control Center or from a text console by typing YaST2. In either case you will be prompted for the root password.
Inside the YaST2 Control Center select the software tab (should already be selected) and click on "Install and Remove Software". You need to select the package "kernel-source" which you can find in Selections->AdvancedDevelopment or in PackageGroups->Development->Sources
After selecting it for installation it's a simple matter of "Accept", acknowledging the install of varies depend packages if applicable and "Finish".

If you are running an athlon optimized kernel you may want to read some of the earlier threads about nvidia drivers on SuSE-8.2 since you need to update .kversion and linux/version.h with the -athlon suffix in the /usr/src/linux kernel sources.
leibold is offline   Reply With Quote