Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-30-07, 01:26 PM   #97
Lyme

Default Re: Opinions from console afficianado's

If you buy the PS3 make sure you grab a box of swifer dusters, I've heard the ps3 case is a dust magnet.

Now if plain black isn't your thing (or white or grey) there are a number of websites that sell top quality skins for your console ( http://www.decalgirl.com/ ) They are like stickers but made typically of industrial laytex. I've got stickers for my 360 and my Wii (they have them for the PS3 and others too).
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-07, 01:27 PM   #98
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
[sarcastic retort]
Resistance sucks donky ass... I didn't even buy the thing, but because Mr. Hunt hates 360 games and likes PS3 games it has to be bad.[/sarcastic retort]

See how easy it is to do the same thing against those on the other side of the fence? Easy peasy.
I am not on any side of the fence... I own all 3 of the systems. To me PS3 has an excuse for not having many great games... Xbox360 has been out almost 2 years and the only games I have really enjoyed so far is Bioshock and Dead Rising, and I got Bioshock on the PC...
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-07, 03:48 PM   #99
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

I might go ahead and pick up both I guess

Oh well, there goes my plans lol. I'll grab the 60gb version, if I can find one and then grab the Halo edition and that sweet looking HD-DVD deal online
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-07, 03:57 PM   #100
|MaguS|

Grab both the PS3 and X360+HDDVD Player from Amazon, you get 8 Hidef Movies per player.
Old 08-31-07, 10:15 AM   #101
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Gears is terrible... I got suckered into buying that and all it was was good visuals and about 4 hours of gameplay... I will give you Dead Rising... that is a very good game. But for me.. PS3 with Resistance, Warhawk, and Super Stardust HD is where it is at... of course I can't play my 360 at the moment because of its brokenness (which Microsoft FINALLY got me a box on Monday... amazing).
super stardust, is that the one like geometry wars but nicer? i think i remember playing that and thinking, "this is just like geometry wars but much cooler".

I must say, bioshock really draws you into the game where I remember when playing through gears it was more "when does this chapter end? hopefully soon so that I can get the achievement for it", gears did more for me with the online aspect than single player, which was kind of dull.

still trying to egg on a friend to buy warhawk (so that I can play it), as that looks like a great game too.

when it comes down to it they are both great. i know quite a few ppl that bought a ps3 just for BR playback, because why spend more for a stand alone that only has one function. come to think of it, I wonder how much of the ps3 base are for BR players alone?

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-07, 01:41 PM   #102
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
If a person owns a PS3, they better have a damn good excuse for not having Warhawk!
What if said person didn't have a internet connection? Is that a good excuse?
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-07, 09:55 PM   #103
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Figured I'd update the thread.

I purchased a Halo edition Xbox360 2 weeks ago. My love for Halo won me over in the end

So far I have Halo 3, Forza 2, Top Spin 2 and Gears of War. I am also playing the original Halo and Halo 2 games on here and it's been fun

Jericho demo rocks and I am going to create a new thread re: Dirt in a second.

Cheers to all who chimed in with their comments. I'll probably grab the PS3 when it debuts with the 40gb version for GT5 and Folding.
Old 10-09-07, 10:39 PM   #104
superklye

You should check out Rainbow 6: Vegas and The Darkness, too. Both are phenomenal games.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-07, 11:18 PM   #105
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

I played Rainbow 6, didn't really appeal to me. Was my friends copy.

I am intrigued by the Darkness but I want to finish off the other games first.

I think it's absolutely retarded the the logitech PC wheels, which are supported on the PC versions of the same games, completely, are not supported on the Xbox
Old 01-26-08, 03:41 PM   #106
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Purchased a ps3 as well so now I have both next-gen consoles. Will make it easier to make game buying decisions.
Old 01-26-08, 03:57 PM   #107
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Lucky sob!

Gonna get me a ps3 too soon enugh,
Stay away from Jericho, that game suxx bad, nice idea but they clearly did not put in as much time in the game as it needed, very "unfinished"
The Darkness is so so I think, friend bought it and loved it, but I dunno, it feels like somethings missing in it.
Do check out Project Gotham 4 if your into racing games. Saints Row is a good classic too. And you _must_ get Mass Effect.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote