Old 01-23-08, 03:36 PM   #13
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Default Re: Druid Talent specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
I am going to try this route first:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...01000000000000

But my goal is equal balance on solo and group PVP with very little to no emphasis on PvE. Thus far PvE has been quite viable up til level 31 where I am at now. I can tank very well, and even work as a healer if I carry plenty of mana pots, but my specialty is DPS, at least for now.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0zZxGGscroeucoVxIz

would maximize your dps a bit more
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 03:42 PM   #14
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0zZxGGscroeucoVxIz

would maximize your dps a bit more
DPS isn't my ultimate goal though. Overall PVP is.

One reason I selected natures focus over naturalist is because you can get that heal in without interruption most of the time, which makes that extra .5 second gain in naturalist not worth it if you are getting wailed on. The 10% gain in DPS is good, but what good is an extra 10% damage when if your health is low you can recover much more of your own much easier.

Also survival of the fittest isn't really worth it. 3% gain in stats is ok but not anything spectacular. 3% reduction in critical strikes against you is meaningless when the other person already has a high critical strike chance.

At least that is my theory anyways. How it actually works in practice is a whole other thing. No harm in trying it as my first spec though.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 03:53 PM   #15
Tr1cK
not coming back

What level are you now Alpha?

Nature's Focus is a complete waste unless you are a healer. In PvP you will be interrupted regardless of this talent. Earth Shock, Shield Bash, Kick, Silence, etc.

Barkskin is what you want to use when you need to heal just yourself and not get 'interrupted'.

Survival of the Fittest is crucial. Why do you think they introduced resilience gear if not?

Also, at 70, I would take Shredding Attacks for sure. Shred is your #1 source of DPS in cat form especially after a Mangle and if the mob is bleed resistant.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 04:02 PM   #16
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK

Also, at 70, I would take Shredding Attacks for sure. Shred is your #1 source of DPS in cat form especially after a Mangle and if the mob is bleed resistant.

I HATE HATE HATE, did I mention HATE mobs that are bleed resistant.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 01-23-08, 04:38 PM   #17
Durude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
I don't know much about other classes as I haven't played anything else beyond 20, but from what I have played of the game, I can say that druid requires a lot more improvisation and quick reactions than most classes. Yes you can pwn with it, but if you just want to mash buttons like you can as a rogue, warrior, lock or mage in order to win, then that won't work.
Agree 100% there especially the improv and quick reactions. A single druid that knows what he/she is doing can make the difference between a total wipe or a few quick rez's if something goes wrong in an instance or a raid. I cant count how many times someone messed up in an instance or kara and I was able to pick up mobs or the boss and save the wipe. For anyone thats been in that situation they know it happens more often than people think. And your right on about button mashing, my first 2 toons were a rogue and a mage, as with any class you have to have a good idea on how to play it to be totaly effective but for the most part you can set up macros like the hunters and locks for a 1 or 2 button mash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Nature's Focus is a complete waste unless you are a healer. In PvP you will be interrupted regardless of this talent. Earth Shock, Shield Bash, Kick, Silence, etc.

Barkskin is what you want to use when you need to heal just yourself and not get 'interrupted'.

Survival of the Fittest is crucial. Why do you think they introduced resilience gear if not?

Tr1cK has hit it on the nose again here Nature's Focus is the hugest waste of points if you are anything but a healer and Barkskin is your friend Especially if your getting stunlocked regardless of your spec.
Durude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 05:22 PM   #18
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

On our first lurker kill all I managed to do during that fight was die fight off the bat when all I was doing was sitting in range of him not attacking and in stealth before the tank had attacked him, got brezed, attack some, then brez the pally MT that got squished, then dps some, then get killed underwater my lurker again because the druid tank that took over got moved out of position.

I was not happy that I didn't get to do much for that kill. I went afk for a sec and came back to realize that he was at 2% >.<
Old 01-23-08, 07:24 PM   #19
Rakeesh

Enemy territory on a PVP server

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ally.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	30008  

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-08, 03:40 PM   #20
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

lol

Old 01-28-08, 05:53 PM   #21
Dvahlish

Thanks guys.
Im quite confident that Im going to play feral.
Not being new to the game, and also being a player that throughly researches every talent tree of my characters before making a decision (I also seem to respec a lot to....if it doesnt seem to be woirking for me...Ill try a new approach)

So thanks for all your help.
I have her at lvl 15 right now and will focus more once Rogue is at 70.

Oh..and for those of you that said a Rogue is just pushing buttons....I disagree.
I have done a lot of research, spent much time and gold getting my rogue to the rank shes at now, ands shes an awesome pvp Rogue......beleive me, it took me a lot more time and effort than a few biuttons being pushed at the right time.