Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-19-07, 09:58 PM   #1
Dvahlish

Default BG's..they scare me!

Ok guys....gimme some tips.

I have never been a BG kinda player.
I like PVP, I have just never gotten around the BG's because questing and levelling has always seemed more important to me.

Im going to take my 39 undead rogue (Combat Spec) into Arathi Basin.
Im abit nervous about it Hehehe

Any handy tips for a BG noob?
Old 12-20-07, 02:27 AM   #2
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: BG's..they scare me!

I never playd the lower level matches.. but it seems like all the rogues sit around and wait for unsuspecting priest and mages to drink/cast before stun locking em and killing em. ^^
Old 12-20-07, 01:25 PM   #3
Son Goku

I don't know what battle group you're in, but if you're horde, you needn't fear if it's anything like bloodlust, lol AV since 2.3 has gone so pathetically bad for alliance, it isn't even funny. And yesterday it got infinitely worse, with the alli miserably getting wiped out within 30 secs of the match beginning, just riding down on mounts. They didn't even get down to the first GY before galv, before everyone who wasn't AFK was all dead, and back up in the cave. They were forced into defensive 100% almost from the moment the gates opened, shut out of anything, 0 bonus honor, and walked out of the BG with a pidling 12 honor in total or so.

On the other hand, the horde had 600+ bonus honor, and this happened over multiple games without exception. The end effect of this, the alliance in that battlegroup at least has all but given up on AV post 2.3, and apperently the horde are complaining about 2 hour AV queues, as the games won't pop fast enough. Since yesterday, increasing numbers of ali are saying it isn't even worthwhile to bother queueing the BG anymore, and EotS or AB will give way more honor for killing horde; so why try. Yesterday totally killed from many it seems any sense of morale which was left post 2.3 up till then, with many skipping the daily PvP quest today because it's AV. Watch the queues get way longer horde side, as increasing number of alliance have absolutely no morale left, to even try; before Bliz is left wondering what to do, with increasing horde complaining they can't AV anymore for long periods of time.

For you the situation is much easier... Don't worry about it too much. You don't have to zerg every alliance guy to get honor. Just focus on the objectives of the BG, and try to pull together as a team (again seems easier for horde); and you'll get a lil honor along the way.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 01:34 PM   #4
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

my xrealm is somewhat split. There are some real dumb horde, and there are some that work well together.

oh

FOR THE HORDE!
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 01:43 PM   #5
Tr1cK
not coming back

I went in to WSG last night with my recently respecced Warrior. I went with a Mortal Strike build. He is normally a deep Prot build. I got my butt handed to me many times. My DPS/PvP gear sucks and I don't have the patience to build it up to be competitive. We won.

I then took my Feral in there and proceeded to own. I got one cap and was heading up our ramp to cap another, but a fire Mage's Ignite got me and drained me down. We won anyways.

I only played those 2 games, but I have determined to keep the Warrior as a tank and use my Feral for PvP and PvE DPS. I'm just more of a natural at Feral Druids than I am a PvP Warrior. I hate stance dancing, but shifting is like second nature to me, go figure.

For the freakin Horde bitches!
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 02:31 PM   #6
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

It's not very easy as a shadow priest in BG's, while we can DoT people down, smart groups keep plenty of dispellers around to handle my DoT's/Debuffs. If they don't I can eat most of them up with DoT's & MB/SW: D. I've found SW: D to be very handy at ensuring someone is killed quickly (before they get heals etc). Sometimes I will save it for when groups assault and the raid focuses DPS on a horde whom which then receives heals from his group, <20% health here comes SW: D in most cases.

Alliance do seem to suck for BG's, but at the same time I've been in BG's where the Horde played extremely noobish. It really does vary, I think there's also a lot more noobs in BG's simply because they can buy S1 arena gear with their points...so they are just simply grinding it...

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 02:38 PM   #7
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

its nothing like in the old days when pvp was walking up hill both ways in the snow with your younger sibling in the wagon behind you.

grinded to rank 9 and just had enough. Then they made what I was doing sooo much easier, but I just couldn't do it. I have sucked it up a few times recently to get certain items here and there. Currently working towards the s1 caster staff for my boomkin because I really don't have another way to get one.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 02:39 PM   #8
jolle

Any level below 70 and you will prolly be playing against mainly Twinks, people who stay at 29, 39 etc with the best gear ingame for that level.
Thats why lowlevel blue items around those lvlx9 are so ungodly expensive on AH.

And aside from that they´re most likely very experienced at PVP.

Still, useful to grind honorpoints, prolly should save them for lvl70 Epic PVP gear tho.

Old 12-20-07, 04:35 PM   #9
Dvahlish

Thanks Guys...
Took her in last night...loved it.
Won 8 out of 10 games.....and even scored 3rd highest on one of them
Wasnt scary at all, just a hell of a lot of fun.
I was lucky enough to be in a premade team that was very organised and it was grerat.

Yeh..
FOR THE HORDE!!!!
Old 01-03-08, 08:11 AM   #10
Son Goku

With the way 70 BGs have gone, at least the alliance's best bet is to twink and get the 75k honor cap before 70. If one could start buying s1 before one could equip it (those parts that don't require EotS or AV marks), that'd make it a synch to almost skip the 70 BS altogether, minus those for the needed AV marks, and whatever else.

In 2.3, it's gone beyond just painful for the ali; to the point it's at least as bad as the horde had it in AV 1+ years ago, with the ali in the main refusing to even queue up the BG anymore, except for tokens. It also means the better players, advanced in PvE raides, or who mainly do arenas, just simply don't want to deal with it so stay out. Only exception, newer alts.

Getting some idea of what battlegroups people are seeing this on would be interesting. In my case it's Bloodlust. Whether experiences are limited to certain battlegroups, or tend to exist in all battlegroups might give an interesting aside to what we're seeing. At least in Bloodlust, it's hit the point the ali are so on the verge of either just doing world PvP or other BGs, that the horde is complaining about 2+ hour wait queues, and some ali side are even talking boycott. Though in the main I don't think it's an organized boycott post 2.3; more a "if we are forced to play defense the whole game and can cap nothing, why play it, when we can get more honor killing horde elsewhere". Other then that, the ali is now giving some of the same complaints the horde used to about the need to mirror the map or what not, trade chat turning to 2.3 caused game imbalance in AV, with counter claims of the ali just sucks and if you'd defend, countered by the horde doesn't cap all towers now but steamrolls to then end, which goes back and forth for awhile, but beyond that are like "pfft" and go to other stuff now.

Only way AV is even remotely useful as a BG for honor, is if one's capping. 11 honor just isn't worth the time investment; world PvP would give more for the same time commitment, even without the bonuses. Can't speak for all battle groups experiences though.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-08, 06:07 PM   #11
yuriz43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
With the way 70 BGs have gone, at least the alliance's best bet is to twink and get the 75k honor cap before 70. If one could start buying s1 before one could equip it (those parts that don't require EotS or AV marks), that'd make it a synch to almost skip the 70 BS altogether, minus those for the needed AV marks, and whatever else.

In 2.3, it's gone beyond just painful for the ali; to the point it's at least as bad as the horde had it in AV 1+ years ago, with the ali in the main refusing to even queue up the BG anymore, except for tokens. It also means the better players, advanced in PvE raides, or who mainly do arenas, just simply don't want to deal with it so stay out. Only exception, newer alts.

Getting some idea of what battlegroups people are seeing this on would be interesting. In my case it's Bloodlust. Whether experiences are limited to certain battlegroups, or tend to exist in all battlegroups might give an interesting aside to what we're seeing. At least in Bloodlust, it's hit the point the ali are so on the verge of either just doing world PvP or other BGs, that the horde is complaining about 2+ hour wait queues, and some ali side are even talking boycott. Though in the main I don't think it's an organized boycott post 2.3; more a "if we are forced to play defense the whole game and can cap nothing, why play it, when we can get more honor killing horde elsewhere". Other then that, the ali is now giving some of the same complaints the horde used to about the need to mirror the map or what not, trade chat turning to 2.3 caused game imbalance in AV, with counter claims of the ali just sucks and if you'd defend, countered by the horde doesn't cap all towers now but steamrolls to then end, which goes back and forth for awhile, but beyond that are like "pfft" and go to other stuff now.

Only way AV is even remotely useful as a BG for honor, is if one's capping. 11 honor just isn't worth the time investment; world PvP would give more for the same time commitment, even without the bonuses. Can't speak for all battle groups experiences though.

I'm in the Rampage battlegroup, and we are having the exact same issues. It's so bad that I have considered transfering to another Realm, but I guess its no better anywhere else?

*Compewtor*Keeeboard*Mice*Mice Pad
*Cofe Jug*Old Bear Can*5x blu LED's
*Bag of chips that I forgot to throw away*Moniter
yuriz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-08, 07:33 PM   #12
Dvahlish

BG wait times can be ridiculous.
I never noticed so much pre level 60, but now I find I am waiting over an hour for AV or EOTS, around 30 mins or more for an AB and about 10 mins for WSG, Im guessing WSG is so quick because the alli actually are good at that one, so they play it.