Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-04-08, 11:31 AM   #1
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Default I have a PSP Slim and a Pandora Battery, clueless to converting...

Guy at work let me use his pandoras battery for the day, I can't take it home, he already converted his psp slim, I cant figure it out.

I put the custom firmware in the game folder, switch batteries, he claims once I switch my systems wifi and memory port will flash for 2 minutes, converting everything, then I can put my old battery back in and everything is hacked. Oh yeah? BULL****.

None of these forums or dumbass youtube clips are right, Im doing them workd for word, pic by pic and nothing.

Either this battery hack is some bs or im just plain retarded, I'm guessing the latter, so HELP!

I have about 4 hours to figure out how to get Final Fnatasy 7 on my psp, already have the eboots for the game. Just cant figure any of it out.

EDIT: Im using the official 3.80 firmware, so do I downgrade or oad the 3.80 cutom firmware? Im all confused.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 01:35 PM   #2
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Default Re: Need qucik help with psp slim/ pandora's battery

Which is weird, cause all I hear is you cant downgrade a slim, only a fat and that you need a fat in order to do this, but here he is, with his slim and its hacked, via the pandoras battery, with no fat.

**** it, I'm just selling the system and 3 games for $200 and make up some of my losses. Stupid me.
Old 02-04-08, 02:06 PM   #3
Stoneyguy
Mechwarrior

Send a message via MSN to Stoneyguy

Why don't you just get the guy at work to fix yours?
Stoneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 02:23 PM   #4
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

EDIT:
The guy at work won't do it, he's busy at work (unlike me) and just had a baby so he's got his hands full at home too.

He's lending it to me for the night, so if anyone has used a pandoras battery or can find some decent information, I'd appreciate it.

I've followed about 12 diffwerent methods from various forums and they're all full of sh*t, the guy did warn me, he said he went through a bunch of readme's and how to's himself before one actually worked.

After reading so much, it seems there is not ONE certain, set, way to do this, a bunch of people have a byunch of half-assed ways, sucks.

Again, I have a psp slim with the official 3.80 firmware, Im trying to convert it to go from official 3.80 to cutomware 3.80m33 v.5

I just want to play Final Fantasy 7, please, someone help
Old 02-04-08, 03:33 PM   #5
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriTonin
EDIT:
The guy at work won't do it, he's busy at work (unlike me) and just had a baby so he's got his hands full at home too.

He's lending it to me for the night, so if anyone has used a pandoras battery or can find some decent information, I'd appreciate it.

I've followed about 12 diffwerent methods from various forums and they're all full of sh*t, the guy did warn me, he said he went through a bunch of readme's and how to's himself before one actually worked.

After reading so much, it seems there is not ONE certain, set, way to do this, a bunch of people have a byunch of half-assed ways, sucks.

Again, I have a psp slim with the official 3.80 firmware, Im trying to convert it to go from official 3.80 to cutomware 3.80m33 v.5

I just want to play Final Fantasy 7, please, someone help
http://www.gamezspace.net/index.php?...&catid=81#1272

Would that one do?
Old 02-04-08, 03:38 PM   #6
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Im going home in a half hour so ill check that site.

Its really annoying cause first, I said I had a slim and all people said was " you need a pandora battery", but I didnt waste my time and money gettin one cause I KNEW this would happen.

So this guy lends me the pandora battery and now I need a magic stick, give me a ****ing break.

THEN, every tutorial I go through gives you steps on how to make a pandora battery, none of these idiots put a nice walkthrough for someone who already HAS a pandora battery. And naturally, since its a home made rigged battery, there's all these different steps to it.

ANNOYING!

In the end, I'm assuming I just need to make a magic stick out of my memory card, which is a proces in itself it looks like, God forbid I find a walkthrough that wasn't made by mongoloids.

I'm just thankful I didnt spend any money on the battery and that I can sell this psp slim quickly if this doesnt work tonight.

The guy was nice enough to let me take it home tonight since I was having so much trouble with it at work.
Old 02-04-08, 03:46 PM   #7
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Im going home in a half hour so ill check that site.

Its really annoying cause first, I said I had a slim and all people said was " you need a pandora battery", but I didnt waste my time and money gettin one cause I KNEW this would happen.

So this guy lends me the pandora battery and now I need a magic stick, give me a ****ing break.

THEN, every tutorial I go through gives you steps on how to make a pandora battery, none of these idiots put a nice walkthrough for someone who already HAS a pandora battery. And naturally, since its a home made rigged battery, there's all these different steps to it.

ANNOYING!

In the end, I'm assuming I just need to make a magic stick out of my memory card, which is a proces in itself it looks like, God forbid I find a walkthrough that wasn't made by mongoloids.

I'm just thankful I didnt spend any money on the battery and that I can sell this psp slim quickly if this doesnt work tonight.

The guy was nice enough to let me take it home tonight since I was having so much trouble with it at work.
Well the guide I pointed out comes with an installer... Never done it myself so I'm not sure if it qualifies as non-mongoloid!
Old 02-04-08, 03:53 PM   #8
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Ill give it a shot. I appreciate your help.

Just really annoying cause all these manuals are half-assed, there is NOT one set way to do this.

It's a very rigged way of doing things, had I known it was this frustrating, I'd of never tried taking on the task.

Old 02-04-08, 04:01 PM   #9
XDanger
Whaaat?

shame sony don't take a leaf out of nintendos book and just release the ps1 back catalogue onto psp
Old 02-04-08, 04:27 PM   #10
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

I have essentially the back catalogue on my PSP. Here's a few games I've played in past months on my PSP:

FF8
FF Chronicles (Chrono Trigger)
Gran Turismo 2
Need For Speed 1, High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed
Xenosaga
Vagrant Story

No idea on how Pandora Battery works though. I just have the "fat" PSP that I flashed to 1.50 a long time ago.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 04:39 PM   #11
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT
I have essentially the back catalogue on my PSP. Here's a few games I've played in past months on my PSP:

FF8
FF Chronicles (Chrono Trigger)
Gran Turismo 2
Need For Speed 1, High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed
Xenosaga
Vagrant Story

No idea on how Pandora Battery works though. I just have the "fat" PSP that I flashed to 1.50 a long time ago.
extremely helpful, thank you.
Old 02-04-08, 09:51 PM   #12
Medion

Default Re: I have a PSP Slim and a Pandora Battery, clueless to converting...

Quote:
Guy at work let me use his pandoras battery for the day, I can't take it home, he already converted his psp slim, I cant figure it out.

I put the custom firmware in the game folder, switch batteries, he claims once I switch my systems wifi and memory port will flash for 2 minutes, converting everything, then I can put my old battery back in and everything is hacked. Oh yeah? BULL****.

None of these forums or dumbass youtube clips are right, Im doing them workd for word, pic by pic and nothing.

Either this battery hack is some bs or im just plain retarded, I'm guessing the latter, so HELP!

I have about 4 hours to figure out how to get Final Fnatasy 7 on my psp, already have the eboots for the game. Just cant figure any of it out.

EDIT: Im using the official 3.80 firmware, so do I downgrade or oad the 3.80 cutom firmware? Im all confused.
Step one - flash to 3.71 M33 or lower. You can't use a higher M33 as the first install.

Step 2 - Update to the M33 of your choice (3.80 preferred, some Square titles don't work on 3.90 M33 at the moment).

Step 3 - enjoy
Medion is offline   Reply With Quote