Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-23-08, 03:47 PM   #25
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan
then why troll on my posts? all my posts' not all about sony. sony is overpriced and not always best, so can't you quit assuming i'm sony fanboy? i have ps3 just becase i like games. i know a lot of people are pissed because hd dvd lost but thats fact. i'm trying to tell people that players' price will drop (not sony of course) in the near future. no one is being forced to get player now.

i removed you from ignore list, hoping we can get along.
I just bought a nice Sony Bravia panel, it's a great TV... but Blu-Ray is a fooking joke in all honesty. Sure I will try and get involved, but it leaves a sour taste... SD DVD growth was a liberation, this BS is a joke.

£300 .... ($580 for you American folk!) is alot of cash to cough up for a system that delivers far less than a £120 HD DVD player.

The only players that look to drop in price are the crappy profile 1.0 ones, the rest are rediculous.

Not sure about the rest of the world, but VHS > DVD was a far more linear and consumer friendly transition in the end and did actually offer more value over the likes of VideoCD.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 04:03 PM   #26
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

yeah. if you have any interest in ps3 games, then ps3 might be great deal for you. otherwise wait until holiday season.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 11:01 PM   #27
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan
then why troll on my posts? all my posts' not all about sony. sony is overpriced and not always best, so can't you quit assuming i'm sony fanboy? i have ps3 just becase i like games. i know a lot of people are pissed because hd dvd lost but thats fact. i'm trying to tell people that players' price will drop (not sony of course) in the near future. no one is being forced to get player now.

i removed you from ignore list, hoping we can get along.
i was only antagonizing you in the other thread because you were pointing out the obvious and treating it as if it were something remarkable. i dont mean to troll, but the current situation of the market is ridiculous. i mean, the end of the "format war" is good and all, but what the hell is the point if it's going to cost $300-$400 for a bottom of the line player?

what bothers me is that people act like it's the greatest thing ever, and the truth is, it's not. hell, maybe in 3-4 years it will be. but atm, it's a POS.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 11:51 PM   #28
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

i think you are taking my posts to extreme, like a few people here. i know a lot of people hate blu-ray and wish it didn't win or die in few months.

some people make it sound like blu-ray is really crap but really it's not that bad. yeah it has it's disadvantages like price. people make up some facts which isn't true like all blu-ray uses heavy drm, all are region locked, all still uses crappy mpeg2, people with profile 1.0 won't be able to play profile 2.0 ready movies, etc. i don't think they use drm (or do they?), and over 100+ titles are region-free, and only first wave blu-ray movies use mpeg2, people can still view profile 2.0 movie and most extras but not pip / internet feature. a lot of people don't really care about pip / internet feature. most people just buy for movies alone.

so blu-ray isn't entirely pos. maybe for you and that doesn't mean it's pos for everyone.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 03:18 PM   #29
emacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
im saying that it shouldnt come as a surprise.
and yet you chose to reply in such manner, instead. http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...59&postcount=8
some may have interpreted such a childish rebuttal in a negative light.
emacs is offline   Reply With Quote