Coming May-ish.
Linkage please?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 03:16 AM   #14
kev13dd

Default Re: Microsoft discontinues Xbox 360 HD DVD Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
They will actually go up in price now, because you need one to play all those hd-dvd movies that are going to go for cheap. While some will say, just go get a blu-ray player, and I will at some time. I am not paying $300-$400 for a dvd player, I'll wait till they hit the $200 mark.
There's still a bunch of HD-DVD movies that I wouldn't mind watching in HD. And now that everyone suddenly is ditching all HD-DVD things I can buy a player and movies for dirt cheap and get to enjoy the HD experience while I wait for Blu-Ray to come down in price

K
Maybe the guys at Shugashack should play around with their gamma correction just a little bit because most of the screenshot are so dark you can't get an idea of what this game is really going to look like
In reference to Doom 3 screenshots from 2001
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 08:32 AM   #15
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
There's still a bunch of HD-DVD movies that I wouldn't mind watching in HD. And now that everyone suddenly is ditching all HD-DVD things I can buy a player and movies for dirt cheap and get to enjoy the HD experience while I wait for Blu-Ray to come down in price

K
plus later if you ever get blu-ray burner, changing those HD-DVD to Blu-ray disc is not very hard.
Old 02-25-08, 12:01 PM   #16
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
while I wait for Blu-Ray to come down in price

K
It may be a while. As there is no competition anymore, the Blu-Ray makers might start pricing to make money.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 12:33 PM   #17
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
It may be a while. As there is no competition anymore, the Blu-Ray makers might start pricing to make money.
there's still competition between blu-ray makers. also blu-ray still has to beat dvd.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 03:27 PM   #18
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
plus later if you ever get blu-ray burner, changing those HD-DVD to Blu-ray disc is not very hard.
I can't imagine a Blu-ray burner (or Blu-ray disks) are ganna be cheap. I still remember when CD burners were heck expensive, and that was when CD driver were pretty darn common and cheap

How much would you be able to copy to a Blu-ray disk from HD-DVD anyways? Isn't there a big difference in the way they handle menus and interactive crap? Would the only thing I be able to copy be the video itself (which is all I really care about anyways. Extras be damned)? Would that require me to rip everything from the HD-DVDs then burn to the Blu-ray disk? I can imagine that would take a lot of time, a lot of CPU usage, and a lot of disk space

But maybe that's getting ahead of myself- Microsoft HD-DVD drive can hook up to PC, right? They are down to 50 bucks new at some places so your idea might make it worth it to pick one up

K
Maybe the guys at Shugashack should play around with their gamma correction just a little bit because most of the screenshot are so dark you can't get an idea of what this game is really going to look like
In reference to Doom 3 screenshots from 2001
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 04:57 PM   #19
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

i got my GGW-H20L for 399, well it might seem like high, but keep in mind is first 6x bd burner on market, plus it reads HD-DVD. and has amazing DVD burn quality.

i would never give that drive back