Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-08, 04:37 PM   #1
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen
 
NaitoSan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,069
Default Apple TV, Blu-ray, DVD & HD Cable comparison

I found this article and thought I'd share it with you guys. It's interesting and good read if you have nothing else to do.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/art...omments/13347/
__________________
17-inch MacBook Pro: Unibody | Intel Core 2 T9800 @ 2.93GHz | Nvidia 9400M GT / 9600M GT 512MB GDDR3 | 320GB 7200RPM SATA | 4GB DDR3 PC1066 | Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard | Windows 7 Professional x64

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 07:56 AM   #2
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger
 
Mr_LoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangor North Wales UK
Posts: 5,204
Default Re: Apple TV, Blu-ray, DVD & HD Cable comparison

Interesting..... Apple HD is a good concept but I would rather go to Blockbuster and het the discs.
__________________
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 12:38 PM   #3
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist
 
Peoples-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: Apple TV, Blu-ray, DVD & HD Cable comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_LoL
Interesting..... Apple HD is a good concept but I would rather go to Blockbuster and het the discs.
Same here mate.

Also, be able to buy ex-rental Blu-Ray discs at decent prices soon.... takes me back to the 3 for 25 offers they did with SD DVD years ago.
__________________
For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 04:12 PM   #4
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger
 
Mr_LoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangor North Wales UK
Posts: 5,204
Default Re: Apple TV, Blu-ray, DVD & HD Cable comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
Same here mate.

Also, be able to buy ex-rental Blu-Ray discs at decent prices soon.... takes me back to the 3 for 25 offers they did with SD DVD years ago.
Actually mate I just signed up to lovefilm. For 18.99 a month, you can rent games as well. So I have burnout paradise on its way to mme for the ps3 and Planet Earth Blu-Ray as well. I can't be bothered buying certain games anymore.
__________________
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 03:35 AM   #5
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist
 
Peoples-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: Apple TV, Blu-ray, DVD & HD Cable comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_LoL
Actually mate I just signed up to lovefilm. For 18.99 a month, you can rent games as well. So I have burnout paradise on its way to mme for the ps3 and Planet Earth Blu-Ray as well. I can't be bothered buying certain games anymore.
I'm with them already, saves me a fortune.

Get all my 360 games from there that i'm not sure of. Only buy and keep the ones with good online play otherwise it's hardly worth it most of the time.

So much better than paying stupid prices for Blockbuster rentals, amazes me how people still use that place.

Those Apple TV units are pretty cheap now btw, 40GB one is 189 and 160GB 289 from play.com. Might aswell buy a PS3 at them prices though.
__________________
For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 12:25 AM   #6
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger
 
Mr_LoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangor North Wales UK
Posts: 5,204
Default Re: Apple TV, Blu-ray, DVD & HD Cable comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
I'm with them already, saves me a fortune.

Get all my 360 games from there that i'm not sure of. Only buy and keep the ones with good online play otherwise it's hardly worth it most of the time.

So much better than paying stupid prices for Blockbuster rentals, amazes me how people still use that place.

Those Apple TV units are pretty cheap now btw, 40GB one is 189 and 160GB 289 from play.com. Might aswell buy a PS3 at them prices though.
I know. I paid 5 for a two day rental for DMC4. Never again.
__________________
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-08, 10:38 AM   #7
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist
 
Peoples-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: Apple TV, Blu-ray, DVD & HD Cable comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_LoL
I know. I paid 5 for a two day rental for DMC4. Never again.
Took my first step towards the darkside this past weekend... picked up a Sony Bravia 40V3000 LCD panel.

Has to be the first piece of Sony kit i've bought in years.

Arrives Thursday, can't wait.

Don't suppose you've heard anything about those Popcornhour units?

http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/

Looks like a useful bit of kit, with MKV support too.
__________________
For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.