Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-25-08, 08:56 AM   #1
Moo
*BANNNED*

Default Phil Harrison Resigning From Sony

D'oh!

LINK

TOKYO, Feb. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that Phil Harrison, President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS), will resign from Sony Computer Entertainment Group as of February 29, 2008. Kazuo Hirai, President and Group CEO of SCEI, will immediately assume responsibilities as president of SCE WWS, in addition to his current duties.

Prior to the launch of the original PlayStation, Phil Harrison joined Sony Electronics Publishing, Ltd. in 1992, which later evolved into Sony computer Entertainment Europe, and since then, he has made a tremendous contribution to the company playing a strategic role in the launch of four PlayStation platforms, as well as building strong relationships with game developers and publishers throughout the world. Since his appointment to the position of president, SCE WWS, Harrison applied his considerable skill, knowledge and expertise to lead SCE Group's first party game development as well as aggressively pursuing the development of new online entertainment experiences.

"As one of the founding members of SCE, Phil played a key role in the development and growth of the PlayStation business and our industry," said Kazuo Hirai. "It is sad to see him departing from SCE, but I wish to express my gratitude for his many invaluable contributions and also wish Phil the very best of luck in his future endeavors."

"The past 15 years at Sony Computer Entertainment has been the defining journey of my life so far," said Phil Harrison. "I am grateful to all the PlayStation family for their incredible support, guidance and friendship. It has been a privilege to serve as part of the team and be inspired by them on a daily basis. I am so proud of everything PlayStation has achieved and will continue to support its future in every way I can."
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 09:00 AM   #2
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: Phil Harrison Resigning From Sony

Yeah... saw this earlier... sucks because Phil Harrison was awesome... he did great at the different events I felt... Kaz Hirai says only extremely stupid stuff.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 09:25 AM   #3
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

what abt the other news that he is going to Atari? Any truth in that?
Old 02-25-08, 10:59 AM   #4
Lyme

Is this in reaction to the continued hemmoraging of money by sce wws? It will be interesting to see if anything changes in Sony in the future, or is it simply more of the same.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 11:08 AM   #5
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Yeah... saw this earlier... sucks because Phil Harrison was awesome... he did great at the different events I felt... Kaz Hirai says only extremely stupid stuff.
obviously he wasn't awesome if he's getting canned.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 11:30 AM   #6
Moo
*BANNNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
obviously he wasn't awesome if he's getting canned.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 02:33 PM   #7
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

It was probably something to do with this???
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=33412
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 03:01 PM   #8
Lyme

This is defenatly a loss for Sony gaming.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-08, 02:19 PM   #9
Xion X2

I wouldn't equalize social gaming with online multiplayer since you're talking to someone who's not even in the same room or even the same state as you most of the time. And that's if you put the headset on.

A true "social" experience is one where someone is in the same room with you, and the Wii appeals to all ages and sexes within the family. I took mine home for Christmas and even my grandmother was getting caught up in it. Grandma had never played a videogame in her life, but she was addicted to the thing.

The Wii is much more of a social gaming machine than anything else on the market right now. Games like Mario Galaxy and Wii Sports appeal to kids, teenagers, adults, senior adults, boys, girls, women, men..
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote