Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-02-08, 09:52 PM   #1
colinjones

Default All video sources very jerky with 7050PV

I am running Kubutu 0710 (LinuxMCE), and have tried everything I can think of, but I just cannot get video to be smooth.

This is true of DVDs, DVB (via a Haupauge Nova-T-500 tuner), and media files of all types, containers and codecs - the same behaviour for all.

I am running 1080p50Hz on a Samsung LA46M81BDX 46" LCD through the HDMI port. I have tried 720p, and it is much the same.

Especially with pans, the video gets jerky and almost unwatchable. I also have occasional horizontal tears.

I have played with my xorg.conf file for weeks, and changed the settings for nvidia-settings GUI - particularly for the various VBlank/Sync settings, tried them on and off. On seems the best for the tearing (predictably!)

The system should be more than capable of driving the screen smoothly - in fact, even the screen saver which zooms and pans and fades STILL pictures across the screen is jerky!!!

CPU is rarely if ever high (AMD5200+), and regularly sits 25% or less, 2GB RAM...

PLEASE can someone help - I am completely at a loss.... it doesn't seem to be a simple performance issue, but I can only twiddle so many settings and don't seem to be getting any closer to resolving it...
Attached Files
File Type: zip nvidia-bug-report.zip (42.1 KB, 126 views)
colinjones is offline   Reply With Quote