Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-02-08, 09:25 PM   #1
mrB

Default Flakey early-z test

I am running centOS 5.1 with 2.6.18-53 kernel, X.org 7.1.1, and the 169.09 driver. The card I am using is a 6800 Ultra.

I have some code the uses z-culling to speed up processing. Sometimes the early-z seems to get disabled randomly when the window is resized. If I restart the xserver the problem goes away for a while. This is a real pain since I can not find a definitive way to reproduce the bug. It seems to be an issue with how the driver is interacting with the xserver. I am using an FBO with a depth attachment (doesn't make a difference if the attachment is a texture or a renderbuffer).
mrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-08, 09:48 PM   #2
AaronP
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: Flakey early-z test

Hi mrB,

Can you please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log and a test application that reproduces the problem? Thanks!

-- Aaron
AaronP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-08, 11:00 PM   #3
mrB

I can get a nvidia-bug-report.log file tomorrow when my system admin is around (I don't have root access). Should I wait until the problem starts occurring before running nvidia-bug-report.sh?

As for a test application that reproduces the bug... it does not seem easily reproducible. It starts happening after the xserver has been running for a while and goes away when the xserver is restarted. So I can provide a test application that uses the early z-test but it won't always reproduce the bug.
mrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 12:10 AM   #4
AaronP
NVIDIA Corporation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrB
I can get a nvidia-bug-report.log file tomorrow when my system admin is around (I don't have root access). Should I wait until the problem starts occurring before running nvidia-bug-report.sh?
No, I just want to get the details of your configuration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb
As for a test application that reproduces the bug... it does not seem easily reproducible. It starts happening after the xserver has been running for a while and goes away when the xserver is restarted. So I can provide a test application that uses the early z-test but it won't always reproduce the bug.
That would be a good start. Thank you.
AaronP is offline   Reply With Quote