Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-11-08, 05:19 PM   #1
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption
 
J-Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,245
Default Panasonic Developing Anti-Wii TV

Quote:
"Wii have a problem but we have a solution," jokes the Panasonic engineer. The problem is that gamers using the Nintendo Wii are smashing plasma TV screens if the remote slips from their grasp mid-game. The company's answer is to reinforce the screens by applying old-style TV tube-making technology.
http://technology.newscientist.com/a...wii-games.html

What's next, reactive armor for TVs?
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08, 05:26 PM   #2
Bman212121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,726
Default Re: Panasonic Developing Anti-Wii TV

If they are smashing their plasmas they are doing themselves a favor. (J/K)

It makes sense to have a line of tv's that have protection if the consumer wants it, but the first thing is that it will be more expensive, and second the tv is going to weigh a lot more.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08, 05:31 PM   #3
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption
 
J-Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,245
Default Re: Panasonic Developing Anti-Wii TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
If they are smashing their plasmas they are doing themselves a favor. (J/K)
I was thinking the same thing, but also wondered what their return policy is. Maybe they are taking back too many TVs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
It makes sense to have a line of tv's that have protection if the consumer wants it, but the first thing is that it will be more expensive, and second the tv is going to weigh a lot more.
Glass is not that pricey, I doubt it would increase manufacturing costs by any significant amount. Weight may be a concern, but how often do you move your TV?
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08, 05:33 PM   #4
Bman212121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,726
Default Re: Panasonic Developing Anti-Wii TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mag
Glass is not that pricey, I doubt it would increase manufacturing costs by any significant amount. Weight may be a concern, but how often do you move your TV?
Well not so much moving it but if your wall mounting your tv it could make a difference.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08, 05:40 PM   #5
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption
 
J-Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,245
Default Re: Panasonic Developing Anti-Wii TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
Well not so much moving it but if your wall mounting your tv it could make a difference.
Maybe it would make your current mount incompatible, but there are wall mounts for CRTs, so it's not like it isn't doable.
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E3 arrives, Sim City astounds, Wii U bemuses News Gaming Headlines 0 06-09-12 12:10 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.