Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-18-08, 08:15 AM   #1
|MaguS|

Default Persona 4 official!

Woot! If you ever played the series then you know why there is a reason to get excited. One of the best RPGs on the playstation is getting another title. I love the depth the games offer and I hope that this version has a similar sim aspect to it like the third did.

Taken from Gametrailers forum...
http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=341912

Quote:
- Trailer on DVD
- July 10th release
- 85% Complete
- Looks like Persona 3 but better
- 180+ Personas
- Hashino is directing, Soejima is art director and character designer, Meguro is composing
- Takes place in the countryside, a more nostalgic environment
- The theme is murder mystery/suspense, it’s a mystery thriller with twists and turns
- Multiple endings
- 1.5x the size of P3
- 60-70 hours
- There is a weather forecast system, and whenever there is a fog, a murder occurs
Old 03-20-08, 07:06 PM   #2
Severian126
Y SO SRS?

Default Re: Persona 4 official!

Holy crap, nice!!!
Processor: Core 2 Extreme QX6850 3.0GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB - OC @ 3.2 GHz Liquid Cooled
Memory: 4GB Low Latency DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 1066MHz - 2 x 1024MB
Motherboard: NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 320GB (2 x 160GB) Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 10,000 RPM w/ 2 x 16MB Cache
Storage Drive: 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 16MB Cache
Power Supply: Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI

XBOX LIVE: Kungfujoe126 - Catch me on NBA 2K9!
PSN: Severian126
Steam: Sever126

Currently Playing: Fallout 3 (PC), NBA 2k9! (360), Dead Space (PS3), Silent Hill Homecomings (360), Fable 2 (360)

Quote:
Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who is in command here.
Severian126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 07:39 PM   #3
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

What's it about?

Oh is it one of thems JapRPGs where even though we have a DVD/BD to use, we still have to read lines and lines of text. That's the one thing that put me off Folklore. With my couch machines I want to be read or spoken to. PC is for reading.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 08:05 PM   #4
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
What's it about?

Oh is it one of thems JapRPGs where even though we have a DVD/BD to use, we still have to read lines and lines of text. That's the one thing that put me off Folklore. With my couch machines I want to be read or spoken to. PC is for reading.
Pesona 3 has both spoken and written lines... mainly only the main characters talk and alot of also written... mostly everything.

Well worth the play through if you like JRPGs, it's such an original RPG in a sea of rippoffs.

The basic story of Persona 3 is that a town is haunted. At the 13th hour of the day (a hidden hour that we normal people don't know about) monsters come out attack. In the morning people are found around town acting like zombies, they just sit there and do nothing. You team up with a group of teens set out to solve the mystery, The group of teens has a special power to be able to call out a spiritual being called Persona to aid them in battle (imagine summon spells but used for magic attacks ingeneral and no long scene to watch). To call out their persona the characters shoot themselves in the head with a special gun. A player can make and collect more persona throughout the game aswell.

The most interest aspect of the game is that when your not adventuring about you have to go to school and be a normal teen and this is actually a major part of the game rather then just a side part that can be ignored. It's really interesting consider you have to balance your time between staying up late and exploring during the 13th hour, studying or getting some healthy sleep (you can become sick in the game).

Honestly crainger... you like like RPGs and The SIMs you will love this game.
Old 03-20-08, 10:14 PM   #5
crainger

Ok. So I'm a teen and I go to school. Now I know Japan. How many school girls do I get to force myself upon?
Old 03-20-08, 10:38 PM   #6
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Ok. So I'm a teen and I go to school. Now I know Japan. How many school girls do I get to force myself upon?
None

You gotta make them fal in love with you and you can only date one at a time, if your dating someone and you go out with another she will break up with you.
Old 03-21-08, 03:31 AM   #7
crainger

Are they at least busty?
Old 03-21-08, 08:38 AM   #8
|MaguS|

Um, Never really looked for that...

Go check out some screenshots if you wana know that, sicko. beagle hasn't been gone that long now has she?

Old 03-21-08, 05:38 PM   #9
crainger

I've always been interested in busty schoolgirls. Ever since I was in highschool.

Wait! What?