Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-10-06, 05:37 PM   #1
vitomacdoc

Default NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110m setting for Linxu

I have just installed Redhat EL4 on my Dell D620. I have installed the newest nvidia drivers for linux. I cannot find a setting with the nvidia configurator that works. The 110m is not listed and only VESA works.

Does anyone have a recommened xorg file or can recommend which setting to choose for the NVS 110m? Can I specify a different card in the configurator?

Thanx
vitomacdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 05:39 PM   #2
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110m setting for Linxu

Please generate and post an nvidia-bug-report.log.

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 08:46 AM   #3
NormMonkey

Hi vitomacdoc,

I have a D620 as well. I'm happy to share my xorg.conf file but, as I mentioned in an as-yet unanswered post, I cannot get suspend / resume to work - it's the only thing I haven't gotten working on my D620.

I will attach my xorg.conf file in an hour or two once I get my machine set up here....
NormMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 10:18 AM   #4
NormMonkey

Hey, here's my xorg.conf file. Let me know if you are still having troubles and I will try to help if I can.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xorg.conf.txt (6.3 KB, 368 views)
Old 03-29-08, 05:03 AM   #5
gvsbnarayana

Hi,
I am on Unbreakable Linux(flavour of Red Hat) EL4 and on Dell Lattitude D620. Is it sufficient to replace the xorg.conf file on my pc to fix the display problems?
My current display is just 800x640. I am looking for heigher resolution.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Badri.
gvsbnarayana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-08, 09:31 AM   #6
NormMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsbnarayana
Hi,
I am on Unbreakable Linux(flavour of Red Hat) EL4 and on Dell Lattitude D620. Is it sufficient to replace the xorg.conf file on my pc to fix the display problems?
You can try mine, but xorg.conf files are somewhat customized for the individual PC. Mine, for example, includes all my specific settings for my Synaptics touchpad. You'll probably be unhappy with those settings.

I just reviewed my xorg.conf and I see I hadn't put any of the more interesting nVidia configuration options in yet. For example, it's not set up for either TwinView or dual head mode. You'll probably want those things.

So what should you do? Read the documentation on xorg.conf options and nVidia options and set yours up to do what you want it to do.
Old 03-29-08, 03:59 PM   #7
gvsbnarayana

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormMonkey
You can try mine, but xorg.conf files are somewhat customized for the individual PC. Mine, for example, includes all my specific settings for my Synaptics touchpad. You'll probably be unhappy with those settings.

I just reviewed my xorg.conf and I see I hadn't put any of the more interesting nVidia configuration options in yet. For example, it's not set up for either TwinView or dual head mode. You'll probably want those things.

So what should you do? Read the documentation on xorg.conf options and nVidia options and set yours up to do what you want it to do.
Ok... Thanks a lot. I will go through the documentation again and will come up with any questions.
Regards,
Badri.
gvsbnarayana is offline   Reply With Quote