Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-05-08, 02:05 AM   #13
vh-bil

Default Re: New PC and Linux Compatability Question...

Im not sure to continue this or not, it is already payed for but the store I am buying this from is waiting for for the parts to become available. I don't really have much time to change my mind. Is there some way of getting a answer from nVidia on compatibility now or time I have to wait for a driver for the hardware?
vh-bil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 10:31 AM   #14
bacon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh-bil
Im not sure to continue this or not, it is already payed for but the store I am buying this from is waiting for for the parts to become available. I don't really have much time to change my mind. Is there some way of getting a answer from nVidia on compatibility now or time I have to wait for a driver for the hardware?
I don't know what to tell you, but you would have a very nice rig. For sure Vista64 would scream, and would be one hell of a gamer. I am envious...
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 11:07 AM   #15
slauper

Dear HumanComputerGamers,

MS Vista 64bit Ultimate can be for some HumanComputerGamers the Great OS. I Enjoy for they. But for me it is the horror! : Every Game I played on my Computer (See my computer specs at bottom of this post) is crashing due to an error or an other error( at most the error is called: nvlddmkm. And some other time is Completly Freezing). So now I am depending to wait of the reaction of the biggest Company of the World : Microsoft. I understand that Microsoft have a lot to do, I understand also that i pay Microsoft for Vista Ultimate 64bit to have the full compatibility of the "lastest and newer hardware"(ok it go so fast my computer spec is now not the "lastest and newest hardware" on the market but even i payed for use) on earth. So i don't buy something that I don't can use without problem. Now the philosophic question: Do Microsoft CEO, renamed the publicity and write: "Vista the newer OS, XP is in further time not supported, so we can concentrate on Vista support. Ahhh.... a last thing actually Vista don't work on every lastest hardware, we can't follow the other competitiv Hardware producers?" No, I think that my last text was dark-humor, but with a true ideology of the actual status of Microsoft with the actual Public Computer Market

With respect to Microsoft and every Hardware producers and every moral and physik person on earth, scincerly do something BIG to make the life even better For the CompuuterEndUser.
Best regards

Motherboard : Nvidia 780i
Graphics card type and brand : MSI GeForce 8800ULTRA (Tri-SLI or 3Way-SLI)
CPU : Intel Yorkfield Core Extreme CPU X9650 @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 4 Core, 4 Logic processor
RAM : 8 Gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 (dhx dual path)
HardDisk (1): 2x Western Digital 150GB Raptor sata 10000rpm in RAID Stripping
HardDisk (2): 4x500Gb sata 7200rpm in RAID 0+1
Optic combo (1): 1x BLU-RAY (+ every "multipass" to read/write/use DVD +/- CD dl ddl etc.....)
Optic combo (2): 1x HD-DVD read DVD read CD
alimentation: "Be Quiet!" 1000W.
PC Case : SilverStone
keyboard : Logitech G15
Mouse : Logitech G9 Laser
Others: Siliconed hand ergo mouse carpet
Sound : Logitech Z5500
Micro/Headset : Premium Notebood Headset
Video : Logitech WebCam UltraVision
Screen : 1x Acer AL 2021.
Others: 2x 10/100/1000 Gb ethernet cable
slauper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 04:14 PM   #16
txf

Quote:
Originally Posted by slauper
Every Game I played on my Computer (See my computer specs at bottom of this post) is crashing due to an error or an other error( at most the error is called: nvlddmkm.
this isn't the windows section, but try changing your drivers. Old nvidia drivers were notoriously bad under vista...cough...30% of crashes...cough
txf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 07:26 AM   #17
slauper

Howw yeah sorry you're right : i go in further time to Windows post.

P.S
And for info. : I've Installed all vista/nvidia last recommended drivers.

Best regards
slauper is offline   Reply With Quote