Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-16-08, 10:12 PM   #1
Tim_Olaguna

Default Appropriate Drive Case For HP Media Drive Bay Hard Drive

Original Posting:

I have an HP Media Center PC model m8120n. This machine comes with a drive bay into which you can easily install or take out a removable hard drive.

Separately I have a Seagate 200 GB SATA hard drive which I removed from an older PC (That older PC had been upgraded two years ago with the installation of the Seagate drive. I did not want to get rid of the fairly new drive just because I was getting rid of the older PC and replacing it with a newer model.)

I would like to be able to put the Seagate drive into an appropriate case so I can put it into my new PC's drive bay. But I'm not sure where I can get the case I need in order to do that. I'm not even sure if which particular case I should purchase.

I looked around the HP site but can't seem to be able to find what I need. HP does sell two or three products that would fit the bill, but they all come with drives in them. I don't want to pay for a new removable hard drive. Just a case that will allow me to use my existing internal hard drive in that drive bay.

Update:

I've learned whatever case I manage to find to use in the drive bay the connection would be via USB 2.0. Well, if I connect an external drive to the PC I can make use of either a USB or Firewire drive. I have also clarified the 200 GB Seagate is a Barracuda 7200.8 model. Does anyone have a recommendation as to what external case would be most appropriate?
Tim_Olaguna is offline   Reply With Quote