Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-14-08, 11:35 PM   #25
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Default Re: Good watercooling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapablast05
I won't have to get more parts other than the GPU blocks if I get that kit?
it comes with all of the following:

* TDX Universal Block - Fits most* motherboards on the market including the NEW AMD AM2 boards. Feature a Shiny Black Powder Coat finish!
* Danger Den D5 Fixed Speed Laing Pump
* Single 5 1/4 Bay reservoir
* 1/2" ID Tygon Tubing
* Black Ice Xtreme Radiator
* MCT Non-Conductive Coolant
* Yate Loon Medium 120mm Fan
* Miscellaneous Hardware

so yeah, it's a complete kit for $225

I personally never had any problems adding one graphics card to the loop but, I don't know what adding a 2nd one would do. You can always get Zalman vf-1000 coolers for cards... they really do work very well.

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-08, 05:26 PM   #26
Zapablast05
ZapaFAILmaster of Merwang

Send a message via AIM to Zapablast05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrox
it comes with all of the following:

* TDX Universal Block - Fits most* motherboards on the market including the NEW AMD AM2 boards. Feature a Shiny Black Powder Coat finish!
* Danger Den D5 Fixed Speed Laing Pump
* Single 5 1/4 Bay reservoir
* 1/2" ID Tygon Tubing
* Black Ice Xtreme Radiator
* MCT Non-Conductive Coolant
* Yate Loon Medium 120mm Fan
* Miscellaneous Hardware

so yeah, it's a complete kit for $225

I personally never had any problems adding one graphics card to the loop but, I don't know what adding a 2nd one would do. You can always get Zalman vf-1000 coolers for cards... they really do work very well.
That's a huge fan...I'll probably just put a water block on my top card because it's my hottest, then I'll balls up and put a second one.

Xbox Live: Zapablast05 click!|3DMark06: 17,001|
PSN: Zapablast05
Originally Posted by crainger: "Come meet my son Zapablast05"
Originally Posted by crainger: A truck wont get the pussy zapa has become accustomed to.
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL: In fact, I measure years in BC and AC (before Camp0rz and after Camp0rz).
I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking.
Zapablast05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 09:47 AM   #27
Destroy

So did the OP decide on what to buy? Read the tread and curious to hear reports.

I'm in a similar boat with warm room temps causing too much darn fan noise for my taste; mainly so far its my stock cpu fan thats speeding up to cause the irritation. I want silence!!!

Would a good air cpu cooler be quiet and cool enough? Don't have much experience with aftermarket cpu cooling solutions. Would be lots cheaper than a $150+ water cooling system.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 10:42 AM   #28
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrox
If you're going to cool multiple parts on one water cooling system it needs to be a good one, one of those cheap sub $200 setups on 1CPU and 2GPUS will likely 1. give you little if any temp reduction at all and 2. Fail with in a short period of time... the pumps just aren't built to handle any sort of high temp fluid going through them.

If you're going to go water cooling do it right, get a "kit" from Danger Den or some place like that and get a decent one or you may find a whole new meaning for the word FAIL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter
I agree. I went from Phase to water and then back to air cooling. Highend air cooling is up to the task for decent overclocking with modern CPUs.
^^ Listen to these guys. I bought a $100 WC kit before, it worked okay, but in reality a high end air cooler cools better than most of the smaller WC kits. I was only cooling a CPU and NB, if you tried to throw a GPU into that loop, it would suprise me one bit if you start having heating issues.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 10:48 AM   #29
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenWoW
Speaking of water cooling, I saw a Coolit Freezone for $150 on ebay the other day. It's a TEC cooler so it's better than water cooling. You might wanna try those instead since you're in the $100-200 area with water cooling.
Actually on a Quad core a freezone can't handle the the amount of heat being dissapated, so it really starts to lag behind even high end air coolers.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coo...-freezone.html

A lot of people here tried them out but they had many issues with failures on the units, so went back to air / water setups.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote