Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-14-08, 07:12 PM   #1237
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Can someone teach me about Flight simulator x please?

how many different version is there? Is the dx10 version out? Is it demanding? How much does the game cost? How many planes and locations is included? Is the graphics really that good as in the screenshots here? It seem a bit too good to be true Can i fly a boeing 747 into world trade center in this game? o_O

Many tanksss
Soetdjuret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-08, 07:47 PM   #1238
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret
Can someone teach me about Flight simulator x please?

how many different version is there? Is the dx10 version out? Is it demanding? How much does the game cost? How many planes and locations is included? Is the graphics really that good as in the screenshots here? It seem a bit too good to be true Can i fly a boeing 747 into world trade center in this game? o_O

Many tanksss
Everything you need is right there in those two articles. As far as graphics go, it depends on your system, and what settings the game is on, and what add ons you have running. You cannot fly a 747 into the WTC because they are not in FS2004 or FSX. They were taken out for obvious reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...ight_Simulator
Old 05-14-08, 08:17 PM   #1239
sillyeagle
sillyego

Oops, don't forget the Flight Simulator X wikipedia page! This one shows exactly which planes you get and the difference between the standard and deluxe versions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microso...ht_Simulator_X

As to performance FSX is CPU bound provided you have fast GPU, so your FSX performance hinges on CPU speed. I take all my images with my normal in game settings, so what you see from me is running on the system in my sig.

If you have specific questions about add ons go ahead and post, otherwise every add on I own has been discussed in this this thread, which is true for many others as well.

Also take a look at Microsofts FSInsider site. You can get the FSX demo from here, so if you don't have it you better grab it.

http://www.fsinsider.com/Pages/default.aspx

EDIT: By the way most of the ground scenery you see posted is a product called FTX. Its a $30 add on and covers only australia at the moment. It looks so good many people have not flown outside of Oz since its release.

http://www.ftxnow.com/

As far as the default scenery goes it covers the entire world with accurate elevation data, water data, landclass data, etc. The default is a lot more generic though than the high detailed add on scenery. FSX simulates the entire globe, as it is, so its pretty cool, especially with some add ons.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 05-14-08, 09:09 PM   #1240
sillyeagle
sillyego

Here's a list of the add on aircraft I currently fly. I've bought many, but these are the only ones I use, which says something about these add ons. If this was posted already I appologize, but I don't believe I've posted it here yet.

RealAir SF260

Shockwave P-40

Acceleration P-51

Captain Sim C-130

RealAir Decathlon

Acceleration F-18

RealAir Spitfire

Alphasim F-86
EVGA Intel X58
Old 05-14-08, 10:48 PM   #1241
yxx

you have some nice screen shots as always sillyeagle.

well i bought GEX finally. i have utx u.s.a. and Canada and Vancouver+ and Victoria+. I'm finding GEX is pretty good but makes some major cities more inaccurate. like i flew around l.a. today and it looked great and also flying along mountains just outside of l.a. was excellent. but when i flew around San Fran it was completely inaccurate. utx u.s.a. alone is way more accurate than utx with GEX in San Fran. i have to explore more yet. it seems to fill in the gaps between cities very nicely though.

here's a few flying in l.a. area with GEX, utx in and around thehills outside l.a. maybe not the greatest screen shots but i flew around the mountains a lot today in southern cal. when i have some time in the future i will post 3 screenies with vanilla San Fran, utx San Fran then utx with GEX San Fran.

Last edited by yxx; 05-10-10 at 06:03 PM.
yxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-08, 11:15 PM   #1242
sillyeagle
sillyego

Thanks yxx.

Boy, I think almost everybody here as the RealAir Spit, which is good to see.

If you guys ever stumble on a particularly beautiful location feel free to snap a shot and let me know where it is. I'm always on the prowl for the most scenic spots I can find.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 05-15-08, 01:51 PM   #1243
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter
So did anyone here buy it? How is it?

Maybe I'll get it because I'm really happy with AU Blue and the new area sounds interesting. But I need to see some screenshots Bring it on!
I'm going to wait and see if I win the Orbx screenshot comp ha-ha, the winner of which gets a free copy....trouble is, that bugger Sillyeagle has put up a very nice shot and could well take the win.

I'll be cross if you do, I'm tellin ya

Those shots look great yxx - I just wish these landclass add-ons could do something with the roads, so they don't cross through buildings, other roads etc.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 06:16 PM   #1244
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06
I'm going to wait and see if I win the Orbx screenshot comp ha-ha, the winner of which gets a free copy....trouble is, that bugger Sillyeagle has put up a very nice shot and could well take the win.

I'll be cross if you do, I'm tellin ya
Ha ha well I'm a bit worried about yours taking the win. People really like seeing the atmosphere pushed to the extreme like you did.

Here's a few shots of AU GOLD. Its really quite beautiful. I did the tweaks in the User Guide and killed a bunch of background processes and I seem to be getting much better performance. Using very dense autogen and high 2.x water , as seen in the images, I was getting right around 27fps.

[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1700

[SCENERY]
SmallPartRejectRadius=2

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

EVGA Intel X58

Old 05-15-08, 09:47 PM   #1245
Sabadin

Saw this posted in another forum, anyone know who makes it?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FSX-F18-1.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	31473  
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 11:51 PM   #1246
sillyeagle
sillyego

Thats the Captain Sim XLoad.

Here's more FTX Gold.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 05-16-08, 05:27 AM   #1247
omzig
Comfortably Numb

As always Nice screenie's guys,also nice to see some newcomers to FSX seems this thread has pulled in its share of new simmers inc me

From what ive seen of AU Gold it looks very much like AU Blue...i think i'll be waitting on the full package now or atleast RED so i can do some outbacking,hopfully by then they'll have a better mesh as i find 76M just a little to round edged especially after flying hawaii at 5M !

Thanks for the heads up on the Horizon sets SJA06 im hopping they'll be making there way to play.com very soon

Anyone know of a 3rd party Cessna 172 skyhawk thats DX10 compat? ive been enjoying the default Cessna skyhawk but fanncy something with a little more detail

Cheers
Gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 05:33 AM   #1248
Revs

All these screenies look awesome but what sort of frame rate are you getting? I assume it's not playable at these levels of detail.
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote