Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-30-08, 10:24 AM   #13
Revs

Default Re: I hate Blu-Ray...

My mate just got a Ach Dee Dee Vee Dee player for his 360 the other day. It was 25 with two Ach Dee films and a 360 remote. Bargain!
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-08, 10:28 AM   #14
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker
I did a brief check on some Blu-Rays, and although they have plenty of capacity, they weren't all that fast either reading or writing. Perhaps there are better, but one that I looked at only would write Blu-ray at 2X. With 25GBs of capacity, that would take quite a while to burn one disk. I'll stick with my 20X DVD burner, until lthey improve.
cheapest and currently best BD burner is is LG GGW-H20, its an 6x burner that can burn Verbatim 2x(at 6x speed) 25gb in 20 minutes.
Old 05-30-08, 10:30 AM   #15
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
I miss HD-DVD, but no one can take them from me! Eventually I'll have to convert them to something else, like BD, or digital using my 360 HD-DVD drive, but till then I love HD-DVD. Now I know how those Beta guys feel. ::

I don't mind BD either, I find their menus a little easier to navigate, and the PS3 is a nice player.
anydvd hd, evodemux, eac2to, and tsmuxer, all you need to convert those HD-DVD over to digital form on pc, or you could burn them after that.