Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-08, 05:05 PM   #25
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: No more patches for Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazZarD
Yerli is retarded yes.. blaims crap sales on pirates.

Yep, and I say Crysis sucked cause of the whole alien ship part of the game. Put out a quality game.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-08, 05:11 PM   #26
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: No more patches for Crysis

Its going to pick up sales/popularity a lot more when the next gen gpus hit the market.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-08, 05:16 PM   #27
AngelGraves13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,383
Default Re: No more patches for Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberpwnage
hopefully you didn't torrent it either
I'm not gonna waste a week of my life downloading a game that doesn't even play well on my computer.

Man, CryTek just went on my ****-list of companies.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-08, 07:11 PM   #28
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: No more patches for Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13
I'm not gonna waste a week of my life downloading a game that doesn't even play well on my computer.

Man, CryTek just went on my ****-list of companies.
A week? Seriously newsgroups FTW, like 20 mins haha.

Yes, I bought it.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-08, 09:22 PM   #29
evox
:3
 
evox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: India
Posts: 2,254
Default Re: No more patches for Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227
As I said Crytek 2 engine has no future just like Crytek 1 engine didn't have it. The logic behind Crysis game was retarded. They made a game only 5% of PC can play it.

The bottom line EA/Crytek sucks. To be honest they did some crappy coding there. The game fails from technical point of view.
Yeah, I'm sure you know what you're talking about.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-08, 11:51 PM   #30
jcrox
Mahna Mahna
 
jcrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madison, Wi
Posts: 6,134
Default Re: No more patches for Crysis

What happened to all these hidden graphical features that would be exposed through patches when the hardware caught up? But then again, according Yerli, having a quad core was supposed to be a big advantage for this game too....

Nice graphics... **** game. Go make console crap for all I care. No none of the console people will buy this type of bull**** either.
__________________

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-08, 11:59 PM   #31
Medion
 
Medion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Barksdale AFB, La
Posts: 1,238
Default Re: No more patches for Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
It's not that bad. Its not great either, but i have seen far worse games hyped than this. Halo series it self was way over hyped and that game fails far worse than Crysis.
To be fair, Halo is a more mainstream game than most PC shooters. I've been a console and pc gamer since the late 80s, but I've never been a huge fan of the FPS genre. Sure, I played Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, etc. But, after the first Unreal, I lost interest in the genre.

When Halo came out, I blew it off...and then I got the chance to play it. It was refreshing, and the first half of the game is easily one of my most memorable FPS experience. Of course, the 2nd half felt rushed and thrown together.

Still, I feel that Halo only tends to be overhyped in the eyes of PC gamers. I chalk it up to a combination of jealousy, and just differing tastes.
Medion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 12:35 AM   #32
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.
 
jAkUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 17,744
Default Re: No more patches for Crysis

Well, since they already announced that there will be no further patches, this pretty much confirms that online play for Crysis will pretty much die.

Overall, I thought the game was great, and contrary to what people say, actually scales pretty well on lower hardware, like 9600GT/8800GT.
__________________
965xe || evga x58 classified || 3x evga gtx 480 || 6gb g.skill || win7 x64
jAkUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-08, 01:53 AM   #33
AngelGraves13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,383
Default Re: No more patches for Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp View Post
Well, since they already announced that there will be no further patches, this pretty much confirms that online play for Crysis will pretty much die.

Overall, I thought the game was great, and contrary to what people say, actually scales pretty well on lower hardware, like 9600GT/8800GT.
The problem is that no one considers 9600GT/8800GT to be lower end hardware, they consider it to be top end since nothing is really faster than it (not by much anyway). Low end is 6 and 7 series, which doesn't play nice with this game.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 05:11 AM   #34
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: No more patches for Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
To be fair, Halo is a more mainstream game than most PC shooters. I've been a console and pc gamer since the late 80s, but I've never been a huge fan of the FPS genre. Sure, I played Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, etc. But, after the first Unreal, I lost interest in the genre.

When Halo came out, I blew it off...and then I got the chance to play it. It was refreshing, and the first half of the game is easily one of my most memorable FPS experience. Of course, the 2nd half felt rushed and thrown together.

Still, I feel that Halo only tends to be overhyped in the eyes of PC gamers. I chalk it up to a combination of jealousy, and just differing tastes.
My favorites are FPS. FPS games tend to be more detail in the graphics, and Crysis has done a superb job of delivering some of the best graphics to the market/future. The facial animations/character models are stunning. When the GTX 280 comes out and this game starts moving into smooth frame rates on high with AA...its gonna really start to pick up.

I don't know about others..but i sure as hell cant wait to replay Crysis again on max settings when i get my GTX 280 ><.

When HALO finally hit the PC..it was a real disappointment. I did play Halo 1, and i thought it was alright..but i wasn't sure what all the fuss was...Then Halo 2 hit PC...needing VISTA min req...which was pathetic...and the graphics failed way short...and it just fell into a blackhole that no one cares about -.-.

People who diss Crysis fail to realize that this game has set a level/target for gpus and other game designers in terms of graphics to meet and make it playable...its a win / win situation regardless of weather the story was good or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13 View Post
The problem is that no one considers 9600GT/8800GT to be lower end hardware, they consider it to be top end since nothing is really faster than it (not by much anyway). Low end is 6 and 7 series, which doesn't play nice with this game.

8800GT is med to low end, it defiantly was considered the mid range card, the price was a dead give away, while the performance was actually pretty good..which made this card a good gpu for budget gamers...though the heatsink is a different story -.-.

9600GT is DEFIANTLY a low end gpu release for the 9 series....and again...a great card for $/Value for budget gamers.

The 8800GTS/GTX was the mid - high end while the 8800Ultra was enthusiastic level ><.

The 9800GTX was....i guess a good budget card...performance on level of a 8800GTX @ half the cost ><....but bad timing for its release with the GTX 280/260 and the ATi 4xxx series coming out which will be better in performance by a large margin...and the ATi 4xxx series seem to be having pretty good pricing....but only time will tell if its good in performance.....I can't wait to see them on XFIRE.....i got a x38 so i XFIRE is gonna kick some major ass i am gonna skip the gtx 280 ><
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 09:56 AM   #35
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: No more patches for Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by qube View Post
a console version of crysis
that will suck bigtime
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 10:02 AM   #36
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: No more patches for Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
It's not that bad. Its not great either, but i have seen far worse games hyped than this. Halo series it self was way over hyped and that game fails far worse than Crysis.
halo series are the most overhyped horrible games to ever be released. I kind of understand why halo was "popular" it was one of first semi-FPS to be released on conosle, something new that people got excited about.

but anyone with half a brain should realize how horrible those games are.
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
302.07/295.49 patches for linux-3.4.0+ pavlinux NVIDIA Linux 9 05-17-12 05:33 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.