Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-11-08, 07:04 AM   #469
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Mass Effect (PC) Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
its quite a buggy game
How so? I'm about through with my second playthrough and I've yet to encounter a single bug.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-08, 07:08 AM   #470
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

i haven't seen any technical bugs, but there are game design bugs. Especially with AI.
Old 06-11-08, 07:36 AM   #471
duffy_chucky
*BANNED*

their works is wasted by hardware platform.
****ty interface, ****ty items, too few skills , ****ty teammate command and so ...

what a wasted effort ! i love the story line , but too much lack in too much area.
i definitly HATE console and their game.
duffy_chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-08, 09:07 AM   #472
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy_chucky View Post
their works is wasted by hardware platform.
****ty interface, ****ty items, too few skills , ****ty teammate command and so ...

what a wasted effort ! i love the story line , but too much lack in too much area.
i definitly HATE console and their game.
A bit raw but I agree with what you have to say overall. The game could of been steller had it not started off from console roots.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-08, 09:57 AM   #473
duffy_chucky
*BANNED*

all is about $$$. they will not rewrite game code from root , and so , we herite of a not-so-deep game . bad time for PC ... bad time .

Hopefully , there are still pure PC game. but not enough for my taste.
Old 06-11-08, 10:20 AM   #474
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy_chucky View Post
all is about $$$. they will not rewrite game code from root , and so , we herite of a not-so-deep game . bad time for PC ... bad time .

Hopefully , there are still pure PC game. but not enough for my taste.
You seem like an pretty cool guy.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 06-11-08, 01:34 PM   #475
JigenD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
You seem like an pretty cool guy.
eh, rants about teh state of PC gaming and doesn't afraid of anything
JigenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-08, 02:35 PM   #476
duffy_chucky
*BANNED*

the obscure side of the force, we must fear...

Old 06-11-08, 05:53 PM   #477
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Well after a number of hours in the game...good attempt.. but no cigar. A good interface, nice graphics, interesting story harking back to the old days, and an explorable environment is hampered by a weak skill management system, a weapon system cluttered with crap, and a fairly closed and limited first person shooter game.

We all know the good stuff so lets get to the bad. AI pathing is retarded. the majority of the time my team mates dont stay where I want them to, or if they do, the dont take cover and just get killed. countless fights have ended with me reviving both team mates even though the first thing I do is try to find them cover thats the furthest away from the action as possible. Ive also had a number of fights ive had to reload because one of my partners got stuck on air, and refused to move. Also the AI is one tracked... it will do very little to preserve its life if its about to die.. and the one thing it DOES still do is jump out to shoot at the enemys. some of my team mates I just wanna yell at them to find a god damn corner and stay there until I've killed em all.

Weapon upgrades and management. everyone can hold 4 types of weapons but depending on your spec, you will only use 2 of them. So why cant we disable/remove 2 so were not flipping through it with the mouse wheel? Also you get alot of crap in the way of mods and stuff. I mean their all useful..but you get alot of it. And they are all listed singly, so if I have 5 armor piercing ammo packs.. 5 are listed. why not just use numbers to signify quantity like most rpg games? Also purchasing upgrades from the vendors is abit confusing. Not only was identifying who sold what before talking to the person hard enough, but the first city lists end game equipment right off the bat. How am I supposed to know the ideal levels I should beable to obtain these items at? You gotta think like an rpg here, dont throw everything at the player at once.

Then theres the skills..these failed as soon as I found out after "setting" your skills and exiting the menu, they are set in stone. No way to reset them. This was rather infuriating when I left my team mates on auto-config until I could figure things out, now I want to specialize them and im stuck with everyone being generic. We complain like hell that resetting talents in WoW cost a good chunk of change, imagine not being able to respec..ever...

The FPS game part of it.. character movement is pretty clunky.. and doors lock themselves behind you during fights forcing you where to fight, and offer no way to escape. If it dosnt play like unreal or quake.. you've pretty much failed at this point.
Old 06-11-08, 06:28 PM   #478
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
If it dosnt play like unreal or quake.. you've pretty much failed at this point.
There has indeed been fail here, but it wasn't the game...

You make some points that are valid about the pathing/AI but these can be worked around once you understand the combat system...anyway this is a classic case of tunnel vision. Picking apart minor issues with the game and ignoring the positive aspects that vastly outweigh the negatives.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 06-11-08, 06:41 PM   #479
|MaguS|

I think most people who are disliking this game are too stupid to realize that this is not an FPS or even an action game. Are people that retarded that they expected the game to play like Quake or any other quick to shoot anything you see action game? ITS AN RPG..
Old 06-11-08, 06:56 PM   #480
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

uhmm... when there is shooting involved in his game.. its a fps.. it may not be first person all the time..buts its a fps. If you are seriously denying this.. quit gaming now.

Mass effect is a traditional narrative adventure with FPS action parts (There is no platforming, there is no Blizzard 2 to cast, you dont build pylons, and you cant set commercial zones. You shoot stuff in 3d..thats fps) that use an rpg like level up system to gain special abilities.

thats it.