Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-12-08, 01:32 PM   #433
|MaguS|

Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Maybe it's a Vista 64 issue? Im running Vista 32 with 3GB of ram and have teh ingame cache set to 400MB without any issue. Heck im running the game with 8xAA now and its smooth as hell (im very suprised, guessing its going to get worse later but for now its nice).

and yeah nrdstrm, stop eating poo and join us!
Old 06-12-08, 02:37 PM   #434
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Maybe it's a Vista 64 issue? Im running Vista 32 with 3GB of ram and have teh ingame cache set to 400MB without any issue. Heck im running the game with 8xAA now and its smooth as hell (im very suprised, guessing its going to get worse later but for now its nice).

and yeah nrdstrm, stop eating poo and join us!
I'm running Vista 32 also. The game was stable till the patch two weeks ago. Today another patch is going to be release. We shall see what they do. The last patch was a nice addition.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 03:47 PM   #435
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Maybe it's a Vista 64 issue?
Im on vista x64 with the system in my sig and the 175.80's ive never had one single issue here from the day of install, no crashes, freezing, BSOD's nothing, EVER that's in the 70+ hours ive played AoC! ... i must be a lucky git lol.

Just finished playing 15 mins ago and was as stable as ever.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 06:30 PM   #436
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm View Post
Very strange Muya. Maybe it's the specific server your on? I'm currently in Cornall and have never crashed there. In fact, I've only crashed once in the game period. That was the first day (launch). My specs are in my sig except I now have Vista 64 and 4 GB of ram. I'm a level 30 Demonologist...

**EDIT** Just realized I'm on Set as well...We should group up sometime...I'm normally on at night PST (unless laker game like tonight). My name is Corbijn...
Cool, Set server! My nick is muyaman! I am usually on when the downtimes are scheduled everyday, 11 AM GMT onwards!
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 06:49 PM   #437
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
Cool, Set server! My nick is muyaman! I am usually on when the downtimes are scheduled everyday, 11 AM GMT onwards!
poo eating traitor

BTW our guild is just putting up our Guild keep. Working on the trade post next.

Hop on vent this evening if you and Magus can. I'll be on vent about 6:30. It is easier to get a hold of me on there than it is the game. Most the time I am crashing my way to 80....

I will also make a toon on Set to holler at ya but I won't be leveling him up. The toons name will be Snots.
Old 06-12-08, 10:31 PM   #438
MUYA

Ok dude!

Will create a char on omn! But i so close to getting level 31 on Set
Corsair 600T Case
Old 06-13-08, 12:39 AM   #439
Badboy_12345

Many crashes are overheating problems I know I had them in this game.

AoC uses you graphic card more than any other game + its summer now.
My card was frying when I looked at the temps. So I took it out cleaned it off and havent crashed once since.

People always blame the game first when something is wrong. But most of the time its your hardware and drivers.

Like the crappy fps some people were getting after one patch all of them blamed funcom that they did something wrong with the patch. It turned out all of those people were using crap drivers.

If you dont know how to use a pc then plz play console games
Pc games arent push play and lay back in the couch
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-08, 12:52 AM   #440
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
Ok dude!

Will create a char on omn! But i so close to getting level 31 on Set
It might not be worth it if your connection is bad. The server is west coast US. Try it and see.

Old 06-13-08, 12:58 AM   #441
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345 View Post
Many crashes are overheating problems I know I had them in this game.
That isn't the problem. It is using up all resources and crashing due to a lack of memory. When a game uses 4 gig of RAM, there is a problem with the game.
Quote:
AoC uses you graphic card more than any other game + its summer now.
My card was frying when I looked at the temps. So I took it out cleaned it off and havent crashed once since.
Ummm not I live in Washington state. It has been upper 50s here for the temp. So no it isn't heat.
Quote:
People always blame the game first when something is wrong. But most of the time its your hardware and drivers.
This is what people way when they don't know what they are talking about. It is also what people say when they do not have the problem which still means you don't know what you ar talking about.

THEN! they post posts like this to make them selves look even more "in the know" but it is a failed attempt because the game has problems and it is widely known.

Quote:
Like the crappy fps some people were getting after one patch all of them blamed funcom that they did something wrong with the patch. It turned out all of those people were using crap drivers.
Yes that makes sense. You are using the same drivers. Then a new patch comes out and suddenly your drivers are now crap. Brilliant! Remind me to call you for tech support....

Quote:
If you dont know how to use a pc then plz play console games
Pc games arent push play and lay back in the couch
Your mom is push and play into the back of the couch.

Seriously, your post is useless and a prime example of why I hate gamers and people in general on the internet.

http://www.google.com/search?q=age+o...x=&startPage=1
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...+out+of+memory
Old 06-13-08, 01:26 AM   #442
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
I am McLovin this game . .. on Doomsayer
The game has been getting better and more stable but it isn't there yet.

I am so glad they increased the speed of the mounts. My horse was the same speed as a person jogging. I was pissed i wasted all that time grinding for nothing.
Old 06-13-08, 02:20 AM   #443
MUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
It might not be worth it if your connection is bad. The server is west coast US. Try it and see.
I think Set is in US? I have the US version of the game....all international version (ie non US and non EU m,ybe even Oceana) has to connect to a US server. Or am I just talking out of me arse?
Corsair 600T Case
Old 06-13-08, 06:27 AM   #444
MUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
poo eating traitor

BTW our guild is just putting up our Guild keep. Working on the trade post next.

Hop on vent this evening if you and Magus can. I'll be on vent about 6:30. It is easier to get a hold of me on there than it is the game. Most the time I am crashing my way to 80....

I will also make a toon on Set to holler at ya but I won't be leveling him up. The toons name will be Snots.
Cannot Ventrillo, no mic etc or speaker phone!
Corsair 600T Case