Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-18-08, 04:16 PM   #1369
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady View Post
There's something in the drivers newer than the 169s that breaks FSX even though just about every other game I have gets a boost in either IQ or performance. It's really annoying. It sort of makes me want to get rid of FSX.
Yep Nv drivers pretty much suck ass for FSX almost every driver set has some kind of problem from rendering errors to BSOD,menu hangs,rendering driver stopped ectectect with the amount of bitchin on there own forums & across the various FSX boards you'ed think they'ed have fixed it by now but as you know FSX is missing that one special NV driver fix ingredient....A BENCHMARK

they just dont give a **** about fixing games that they cant score browny points from in reviews,which is why im really hopping the new 48xx cards do really well,even if there only as fast as my 8800gts 640mb in FSX with like for like settings i dont care as i'll be glad to have some solid driver support for my money not just some radom beta drivers that i need to hack inf files to get working

anyhows rant mode off

Ive been working on some freeware water normal maps to try and fix the mess that Aces made of the DX10 water (they added 3 extra water layers but just copied the exsisting textures to 2 of those layers talk about slack...as of the moment FEX doesnt alter these textures so there just plasted ontop of the higher res FEX normals leaving the blocky mess)

Here a few WIP shots

laters
Giz
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-08, 09:12 PM   #1370
sillyeagle
sillyego

I see Aerosoft released a 1.01 update for the Hughes H-1, and of course Orbx released the 1.2 freeware airfield pack, but I suppose most know that by now. I just found out earlier today, so I'm looking forward to the Redcliff scenery by Mango when I get home from work.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-19-08, 01:19 AM   #1371
yxx

FSX has been the most frustrating and amazing game I've played. From drivers to tweaks, scenery addons and the whole lot it seems amazing how it even runs sometimes. I will cave in at some point and get a gtx280 sooner than later probably as i do play a lot of other games also.

but starting in July my work schedule is 3 16hour days on and 3 days off routine until September so maybe getting a new VGA can wait till September cause i won't game as much but man i cave into all the new PC hardware that comes out right away. (not trying to brag but computers is my main hobby so most of money goes there right now)

like today i bought a new v-raptor (very excited) so i gonna do a fresh install of OS and fsx sometime in the next week yet ...........i just can't stop buying PC stuff....lol.

i just hope when i buy a new gtx280 that the drivers will work well with fsx.
yxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 02:17 AM   #1372
sillyeagle
sillyego

Yeah FSX is so variably vast and dynamic there is really no limit to what you can add, change, tweak, modify, create, and do.... Most of the time I'm just playing around with stuff rather than making formal flights. Given how open and complex this software is it does seem amazing it can all work together so well. But, in a lot of cases it doesn't work together so well. lol
EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-19-08, 03:27 AM   #1373
jasonsco

hi everyone,ive been comming to nvnews forums fsx for ages now reading and finding out all the cool stuff you guys post each day about fsx,and have never registered untill now.i love looking at your screen shots and as a great guide to what new planes are comming out and scenerys.i am from sydney australia and lately u guys have posted alot of screens on australian scenery which looks great thats what has prompted me to join your forum.
jasonsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 05:52 AM   #1374
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsco View Post
hi everyone,ive been comming to nvnews forums fsx for ages now reading and finding out all the cool stuff you guys post each day about fsx,and have never registered untill now.i love looking at your screen shots and as a great guide to what new planes are comming out and scenerys.i am from sydney australia and lately u guys have posted alot of screens on australian scenery which looks great thats what has prompted me to join your forum.
Hi there Jasonsco

Welcome to the little FSX club we have going here at NVnews

I think orbx have done a lot to raise Oz's flight priority for a lot of FSX infact im sure most of us had'nt even checked out Oz for any flights before AU Blue (i checked out sydney with the sorth lived VOZ of fsx....which was abbandoned in favor of AU) this mostly has to do with Aces ignoring pretty much anything out side the US mesh wise

just saw this over at FSW about the upcoming FEX update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Norris
Indeed Friday smile.gif And it's a mammoth update.. with much more to follow in the coming weeks. Truthfully, we will release this in stages. The main highlights of the friday update are to introduce SHD clouds to FSX for the first time, and this isn't a small amount.. it's truly an enormous amount of work. Also much new functionality and improvements with FEX itself, dynamic theme creation and control is much greater and easier than before.

Following updates including Airport Environments, new water stuff wink.gif , new weather stuff and more, will gradually be released.
About dam time if you ask me

Laters
Giz

BTW Hey slaWter no need for beta tester atm but if you want to check it out PM me and i'll send you a link to the zipped files atm its only really good for large bodies or open sea's as it looks a little rough on rivers and small inland lakes
Old 06-19-08, 12:03 PM   #1375
yxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I got the GTX 280 this morning and I had some time to test it with FSX. Performance is similar to the GX2 and 8800GTX, I don't have real performance comparisons but it's definitely not like those THG numbers!
that's good to hear. i was a little nervous there when i saw the THG numbers but i guess i wouldn't expect the new GTX to make fps rocket sky high. that didn't even happen when i went from dual to quad with this game. just texture loading was nice and sharp and i turned up some settings. i think I remember sillyeagle mentioning that too with going to a quad. i was hoping for at least the same fps with a new GTX and maybe smoother game play with AA and AF.

Congrats on the new card and nice setup you have there. i looked at your pics in the other thread.

welcome jasonsco. i too observed this thread for long time and took in the knowledge of everyone here and didn't post much but now I start throwing my two bits in.

I am also looking forward to the SHD clouds update from FEX this weekend.
yxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 01:00 PM   #1376
NuBee
NuBee

Congratulation slaWter!
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-08, 03:30 PM   #1377
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

A final few before you get to try them for yourselves, and I hope you like the work Chris and Pete have been putting in - there is going to be a lot going on FEX wise over the coming months...good times ahead.

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 06:57 PM   #1378
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Great shots SJA06 hopefully my own horizons VFR UK Vol2 v2 should arrive tommorrow in time for the FEX update i hope!

Gratz on the new card slaWter i hope they can get Nhancer sorted out for you G2xx guys soon,once they do Plz pump up that AA in FSX and grab some shots for us i should imagine you can get away with atleast x16 now

BTW Chris has revealed in a reply to my post over at FSW about there dx10 water textures that FEX is due to have a totally rewritten FSX water shader which will come soon soon after the cloud update

More info here

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums...owtopic=148075

Cheers
Giz
Old 06-20-08, 02:05 AM   #1379
sillyeagle
sillyego

Sweet shots SJA06. Great colors and composition. Which trees are in use there?
EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-20-08, 04:00 AM   #1380
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
Sweet shots SJA06. Great colors and composition. Which trees are in use there?
Thank you very much - at the moment I'm using the default autogen textures, as I wiped my entire FSX drive when the new GenX disks were released, and one of the few things I haven’t gotten round to is the trees. I must admit I was very disappointed with the 'Natural world trees' with the flat textures, and there didn't appear to be much, if any, seasonal variation [same with TreeX] - do you find that with them Silly?

omzig - hope you like the GenX scenery. Photoscenery can feel a bit odd to start with, after the default, due to lack of Autogen, but as you know that can be added - at least to some degree.

Take a look at http://www.shepsshed.com/autogentrees.htm for some trees for you area - unfortunately vfraddons, another good site for agn seem to be defunct now - but I have a cd with all available agn on it, which I can let you have a copy of if you PM me.

If you join the Horizon forum [great little friendly place, with tons of free airfields and good advice and help] you can ask 'Ananda' for a link to his agn2genx placement tool, this puts all the agn files into the correct volume and area.

Last edited by SJA06; 06-20-08 at 04:01 AM. Reason: typo's
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote