Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-02-03, 12:41 PM   #13
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by 2fast4u
exactly. there is a line between politics and the rest. you can get heated up about a topic and still be friends.
Exactly! 2fast4u is the biggest jerk this side of the moon but we still ride bicycles on the weekends holding hands after we get done helping out at the orphanage.

BAHAHAHAHA!

I think everyone needs to stop wearing those restrictive thong panties you have on and loosen up.

/skips away to frolic in the lilly fields.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-03, 05:55 AM   #14
PsychoSy

Send a message via ICQ to PsychoSy Send a message via AIM to PsychoSy

People in the open forum are going post about whatever is effecting them at any given moment whether it be sex, drugs, politics, entertainment, sports, religion, whatever. If those posts are following the ToS and/or aren't being reported to us, there's no way in hell I'm going to "make up" a reason to justify schlepping them off to some corner just to make a handful of people happy. Stuff like that didn't happen in the past so why start now?

The way I see things is pretty simple - if some members of the community here believe that the Open Forum is swinging too much one way in one specific social topic (whatever that social topic might be), then they are more than welcome to help balance those scales by pulling a Monty Python! They have all the time in their visit here to click "New Topic" and help contribute to this community in their own way by giving us "something totally different".

The ball is essentially in the community's court and anyone here can choose to leave that ball lay or pick it and shoot for the T. Whatever their choice is will be theirs to make just as much as ours.

Personally, if you folks really think that the Open Forum is that bad, you're probably not geting any "you POS liberal this, that, and the other and I hope you and your daughter dies for them Ann Coulter lies" type of hatemail messages interspersed with hundreds of spam...but messages like that make my day!
Old 08-03-03, 06:04 PM   #15
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

Quote:
Then leave if you have a problem, many people are quite happy with how we moderate and how the boards are.
*sigh*
ok man, there are also a lot who don't like it. You haven't noticed a lot of the other regulars leaving and not posting as of late?

There's a cold wind blowing, and it's blowing a lot of ppl away, and until you realize it (and maybe grow up a bit), it's going to continue.

L8R y'all, catch me over @ nForcersHQ...and Envy of course
Old 08-03-03, 06:06 PM   #16
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I can say I have not noticed many regulars leaving and in fact we are gaining many new members daily. I guess in fact people love the freedom that we give them here otherwise we would have nobody signing up

Quote:
There's a cold wind blowing
And there is a hell of a lot of hot air coming from somewhere else..
Old 08-03-03, 06:09 PM   #17
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

just wanted to post and give a vote of confidence to the mods..

they do as good a job as is possible given some of the posts that are routinely posted in OF... and I have to agree with baron... too much censoring is never a positive thing..

btw... these forums have garnered a lot of members/respect over the past several months... and discussions in hardware/software and OF topics are all contributors...

in general we know where most people stand and the expected responses to various topics

I seriously doubt any of the members who post in religious/political threads are gonna go nuke someone or other (well.. I can't vouch for mr flibble... but then he's not human)

bye matty...

doubt I'll miss you... but still... always polite to give someone a nice sendoff... adios...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote