Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-26-08, 03:40 PM   #1417
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Whoo Sillys back
LOL yeah haven't been messing with FSX too much lately. Here's the Aerosoft Catalina.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-26-08, 03:40 PM   #1418
Bearclaw

Dang, that bass looks cool. I play as well. Nice to find someone else who plays.

..make me a bass?
Old 06-26-08, 04:01 PM   #1419
sillyeagle
sillyego

Aerosoft aquired this model and will be making this into an FSX product a some point. Will need to be simplified some though.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-27-08, 05:11 AM   #1420
jasonsco

hi all,that huey looks fantastic sillyeagle.i too am interested in the fsx performance of the new 4870 i find ati's drivers too be great for fsx i havnt ran into any problems with my 3870 crossfired though fsx is a cpu hog so i doubt i would see any variation in fps with 1 card or 2.nice bass there omzig and yes im having lots of fun playing around with fsx,when u get your 4870 a mini review would be great.
Old 06-27-08, 01:51 PM   #1421
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Wow, there is some good stuff happening - the FSX ball is really rolling now it seems, after a slow start.

It's probably accurate, but that F-16 looks a little flat -a bit FS9- or is it just me?

My first tropical water FEX theme - Give it a whirl, let me know what you think.

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-08, 04:13 PM   #1422
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
It's probably accurate, but that F-16 looks a little flat -a bit FS9- or is it just me?
I think they said its got 300k polys or something rediculous. They said the undercarriage alone has more polys than can be compiled for FS9, and the full model is six times as complex as what can be compiled for FS9. This is supposed to be their showcase product that pushes the current poly limit to the max.

Hey can you help me with some Horizon VFR questions? I have been looking at that recently. I saw a cool location called Snowdonia, and I'm wondering if that area is available in the Horizon Scenery? Also is Horizon superior to the Just Flight UK VFR scenery?

I saw some shots of Horizons Londond scenery, which is enough to make me drop for the whole pack, but didn't see anything on their site. Will the London scenery be released soon? There is also no mention of autogen on their site. How does one aquire that?

Thanks.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 06-27-08, 06:48 PM   #1423
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey silly

I Just dropped for the Horizon Vol2 V2 disc's so maybe i can answer a few of your ?'s

First off you can check out some of the Snowdonia area for yourself with the Horizons GenX demo (just under 300mb) from here

http://www.horizonsimulation.com/sho...XJump-Demo.htm

Full coverage of that area is split between vol2 and vol 3.....

Theres is no Autogen as part of these packages only various FS2004/FSX freeware area's floating around the web which i found are quite patchy
The dev's are working on autogen but i guess it will take a while....i also read that there working on a 60cm rez package of major cities

Version 2 now contains Water masks (very cool see some shots i post a few pages back with my 4096 water normals)& 2.4m nightlighting (daylight packs offer a 1.2m res)

you can get the version 2 packages from www.play.com for almost half the price they sell over a horizon & that inc's free worldwide shipping (17.99 vs 29.99)
my full install of vol2 tops around 25gig!

cant help with the london stuff i have'nt checked that out yet so over to SAJ06 for that

& while were taking about the horizon VFR & autogen i decided to purchase Instant scenery 1.04 from flight 1 crack out the FSX SDK and started to add my own

This PS really comes alive once you start to add autogen items to it im still checking out vol2 and im not sure if i'll purchase the other 2 volumes yet,i'll wait to see how the autogen placement improves

Laters
Gizmo

BTW nice shots yet again SJA06 are all these from default cam angles or are you using an addon cam like EZ or W&F?

& thx for the kind words on my bass build guys BC i'll keep you in mind once im ready to take on custom orders,nice to see there are other simming/gaming bassists out there hehe
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-08, 07:57 PM   #1424
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
& while were taking about the horizon VFR & autogen i decided to purchase Instant scenery 1.04 from flight 1 crack out the FSX SDK and started to add my own

This PS really comes alive once you start to add autogen items to it im still checking out vol2 and im not sure if i'll purchase the other 2 volumes yet,i'll wait to see how the autogen placement improves
Autogen is key for me, which is why I was interested in snowdonia since that mostly a mountain area. PS + 5m mesh would be really good for mountians I'm sure.

Let me know how the instant scenery comes along. If I can do autogen for my favorite fying locations with GenX that would be ok with me, as I tend to find stand out locations and spent time in those.
EVGA Intel X58

Old 06-28-08, 03:52 AM   #1425
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Horizon's 3D London is still in development, with no release date as yet, though it shouldn’t be too long - there is a demo, which you can try [with or without GenX] - I'll post a link when I find it.

GenX is by a huge margin better than Real scenery by Just Flight - although their data is more recent, the colour palette is over green and washed-out compared to GenX. They also over-compressed their scenery, which ruins the 1.2m resolution.

GenX is the enthusiasts choice, and has a great community, with lots of free stuff to add, and the UK2000 airfields packs, are designed to fit with GenX's mesh...I'm feeling like a sales rep again

Here are three shots I took of 3D London.

I now have 42,000 agn files for GenX - this gives quite good coverage [some area's better than others] if anyone would like them, I will send them on CD, as some of it is tricky to find now. Horizon, as omzig said are woking on full agn coverage, and will soon release an, easy to use tool, for custom agn placement.

Lake District Autogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
I think they said its got 300k polys or something rediculous. They said the undercarriage alone has more polys than can be compiled for FS9, and the full model is six times as complex as what can be compiled for FS9. This is supposed to be their showcase product that pushes the current poly limit to the max.
It was more the textures, rather than the poly count, I feel looked a little flat - it looks like Nick had to work hard to add some highlights..but maybe the real F-16 has very matte paint. I also wonder if 'Aircraft self shadows' are turned off, which perhaps doesn't help.

Old 06-28-08, 05:04 AM   #1426
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

This is out through Skysim on Tue - any British flyers with a soul will have to have this.

Rick Pipers Hawk.

Old 06-28-08, 07:12 AM   #1427
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
What exactly is GenX?

Great shots everybody, insane addons!
The UK photoscenery I'm flying over in the above shots - Horizon Simulation's 'GenerationX' shortened to 'GenX'
Old 06-28-08, 06:05 PM   #1428
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
It was more the textures, rather than the poly count, I feel looked a little flat - it looks like Nick had to work hard to add some highlights..but maybe the real F-16 has very matte paint. I also wonder if 'Aircraft self shadows' are turned off, which perhaps doesn't help.
Some of the paints I've seen are more weathered. There's a ton of liveries with it, and the bump maps are quite good when the light is right.

I have to say the autogen in your last series of images looks awesome. GenX with full autogen would be better than FTX I would have to think. Swiss Pro is about the closest thing to photo scenery with full autogen, but its only 2m. Hopefully that will be out in a few weeks.

How big do your autogen files total? I can probably make available 50MB of FTP space, so I could give you the password and you could upload the agn files, that way everybody here can grab them without the need to send out CD's.

EVGA Intel X58