Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-29-08, 03:59 PM   #1
Shocky

Exclamation Dualview problems

Ok, so I thought I’d watch a new HD film on my LCD TV, turned on dual view and straight away problems, getting constant hissing from the LCD’s speakers, sounds like interference and if I up the resolution to 1360*768 the screen also turns pink, wonderful, using 177.41

Never had this issue with my 8800GTX, 8800GT or 7800GTX, but problem with NEW GTX280 any ideas as to why i'm getting this??

If I’m unable to find I fix for this the card is going back as I need this to work, to play movies and watch TV.
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-08, 05:11 PM   #2
Shocky

Default Re: Dualview problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
My main display is also a HDTV and I'm also getting an annoying sound from the TV speakers. But only while playing games. I'm using a DVI-HDMI cable.
The 8800 GTX was fine but the GX2 and the GTX 280 have this problem. Only solution is to mute the internal TV speakers.
Same using DVI-HDMI cable, this is really irritating, tried the LCDTV as primary and in the other DVI slot and get the same issue so it's actually nothing to do with dualview, it just doesnt work with my TV anymore, nice one nvidia.
Old 06-30-08, 08:31 AM   #3
Shocky

Quote:
Is it a high quality DVI-HDMI cable?
Maybe you should try it with the bundled DVI-HDMI adapter. Apparently there are some issues with DVI-HDMI cables, jAkUp mentioned something about that in another thread.
Maybe this could at least fix the pink video signal.
It's a DVI-HDMI cable, about 15m long as it goes through to another room so the adaptors are no use to me, quality really isnt an issue, it works perfectly with other cards, just not the GTX280. Only thing I could try is to connect it up with a vga cable but the quality isnt tha great at this length, I think i've got one long enough although it's going to be pain threading it through.

I really hope they can fix this, as theres no good reason for it not to work.
Old 06-30-08, 12:11 PM   #4
Shocky

Ok, it works with VGA cable, also tried a different DVI-HDMI cable and it still didn't work, tried with second system and both work fine with my 8800GT so it's not the cables.

Seems DVI-HDMI just doesnt work with the GTX280.
Old 06-30-08, 02:12 PM   #5
Shocky

Quote:
It usually works. I don't have any problems with it except that cracking noise issue.
Well thats a pretty big issue if you use the speakers on your TV like I do, that cracking noise also completely blocks audio to the TV speakers via audio jack so all you can hear to that crackling sound, screen only turns pink when I up to 1366*768.

They need to solve this, whats the point in having HDMI enabled DVI connections when it behaves like this when hooked upto to a HDMI connection on a TV.