Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-26-08, 12:04 AM   #1
Destroy

Default GRAW 3 for PC?

Anyone know if this is being worked on?

I really enjoyed GRAW2 but it was rather short. The gritty atmosphere was very well done, had good tactical control and it was one of the few games I tolerated no FSAA to play though.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 12:23 AM   #2
evox
:3

Default Re: GRAW 3 for PC?

I remember reading the official GRAW site had some sort of teaser for their upcoming title. Can't remember when, but it wasn't too long ago. It's most probably in development, GRAW is a successful franchise and to discontinue it before 12 titles seems silly.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 12:58 AM   #3
Sobbsy

Hated GRAW 2 with a passion, the first was incredible. Everything about GRAW 2 was hilariously stupid, buggy, and uninteresting.

However, I would very much like to see a GRAW 3, no doubt about it.
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
850w Antec TruePower Quattro
Sobbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 01:41 AM   #4
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
I remember reading the official GRAW site had some sort of teaser for their upcoming title. Can't remember when, but it wasn't too long ago. It's most probably in development, GRAW is a successful franchise and to discontinue it before 12 titles seems silly.
Think that was End War, where they just combine all of their current series into one game.
Old 06-26-08, 01:47 AM   #5
evox

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0 View Post
join our clan

www.lethalbrigade.com

...install ventrilo so that you can talk to the members while playing.
lol
Old 06-26-08, 08:36 AM   #6
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobbsy View Post
Hated GRAW 2 with a passion, the first was incredible. Everything about GRAW 2 was hilariously stupid, buggy, and uninteresting.

However, I would very much like to see a GRAW 3, no doubt about it.
I find it interesting you liked GRAW1 more than GRAW2; I assume you are talking SP. GRAW2 is usually preferred over 1 with its improved control, better AI behavior and less bugs. Story was pretty pants in both IMO but I don't care about story, gameplay is why I buy a game.

Zero, thanks for invite but I'm a SP guy. Too much stress for me in MP.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
Old 06-26-08, 10:40 AM   #7
evox

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0 View Post
its not that stressful if you have real teammates backing you up.
Let it go!
Old 06-26-08, 07:20 PM   #8
Sobbsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
I find it interesting you liked GRAW1 more than GRAW2; I assume you are talking SP. GRAW2 is usually preferred over 1 with its improved control, better AI behavior and less bugs. Story was pretty pants in both IMO but I don't care about story, gameplay is why I buy a game.
Yeah SP only, I don't play GRAW MP. GRAW 2 was an absolute bugfest for me... The AI frequently vanished, failed to do as I told them, got stuck in walls or completely ignored enemies shooting at them (this NEVER happened to me on GRAW 1). The missions were sadly boring and not as diverse in my opinion as GRAW 1, it felt like a total rehash. Also, frequently missions weren't descriptive enough and I'd end up with no indicators or instructions / orders as to what to do next, so I'd be wandering around the entire level for almost an hour trying to find where to go to trigger the next event. That level where you cross the bridge and you start coming under fire from attack choppers was beyond retarded, 5 playthroughs it took just to get the helicopters to WORK and not go park at the bottom of the dam, breaking the mission.

There's way more, but it's been a while since I played through either game so I'm not going to randomly guess on what I think I recall having happened, but regardless, after finishing GRAW 2 (with that hyper-stupid ending, oh lord) I felt very underwhelmed. So I'm in a building that completely explodes, then I magically stumble out (walking very slowly through walls of fire and debris, thankyou sloppy level designers), fall over and an extremely bland and calm "Hey you'll be fine, let's go" comes over the comm and I'm safely taken away. It just felt like I was watching a D-grade government ACTION! movie. I loved the music in GRAW 2 though, really really loved it. Very 24-ish at times (in a good way!), except the credits music which seemed like they handed the final editing of that section over to some teenage moron with a bad taste in music. But overall the game did feel almost rushed, like they just wanted to ride the first games relatively high praise and get another title out asap.

I loved GRAW 1 so much that I tolerated 2, and really want a 3
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
850w Antec TruePower Quattro
Sobbsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-08, 12:42 PM   #9
Destroy

Here's hoping the announce this game at E3 this upcoming week.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
Old 07-09-08, 02:02 PM   #10
3DBrad

Isn't Ghost Recon 3 going to be made by Red Storm Entertainment now, instead of GRIN? That would be great, as the 360 versions are superb.