Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-06-08, 02:44 PM   #13
Badboy_12345

Default Re: Free Return to EQ and EQ2

EQ1 is crap if you play it now..

Brain has the power of only remembering the good things and all the fun.
If EQ1 is so good why arent you guys playing it now? if its the best mmorpg ever? its still running go and play it then...

Its because in todays standards its completely crap.
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 05:49 PM   #14
JigenD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345 View Post
EQ1 is crap if you play it now..

Brain has the power of only remembering the good things and all the fun.
If EQ1 is so good why arent you guys playing it now? if its the best mmorpg ever? its still running go and play it then...

Its because in todays standards its completely crap.
No, it's because they changed the gameplay radically from what it once was. When Verant was still in control it was great. Kunark change much. Luclin changed a lot, and that's when the downfall happened. Nerfs after nerfs. They took away the purpose for certain class abilities like Druid's teleports (plane of knowledge, I believe). I didn't like the bazaar, WC was way more fun! They also made the game way easier, and caved into dumb fan demands.

So, when it was new, yes it was better than anything today.
JigenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-08, 10:56 PM   #15
BronzeGod
Kanye West is emo

EQ2 and WoW are the same damn thing........Except EQ2 kicks the crap out of WoW
Old 06-08-08, 03:30 AM   #16
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

yea, cuz eq2 is srz buisness
Old 06-17-08, 01:28 PM   #17
ChrisRay

This may actually make me try my dual EQ 1 account again. Lord knows I got enough PCs to 2 box effectively now. Hmmm..!
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-08, 06:25 PM   #18
Sgt_Pitt

heya chris long time no see, heh i see your a slizone mod :P nice
Old 06-29-08, 08:33 PM   #19
ChrisRay

Yes I administrate SLIZONE now for Nvidia. Anyways. Thanks.

Chris
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 08:25 PM   #20
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I loved EQ1, it was the best game because it was so focused on grouping. You talk about the XP loss like it was a bad thing, it was something you feared so you played carefully. In modern MMORPGs you have the developer holding your hand throughout the entire game... I feel like god in WoW because if I die it doesn't affect me...
Depends how one dies. People who die in stupid ways inside instances can be uneffected if they have flame proof suits :d That said, and oh man; that was just ridiculous. Made the mistake of largely PuGing kara again, except for 1 other guildie who was organizing it, and I guess a couple people he knew. I can't believe chain wipes on maiden of all things; and for the same stupid reason.

The 2 palies just would not dispel, and then started having major drama over who dispels. Both insisted the other do it Oh, but it didn't end there. One of the pallies who was involved in this drama, then started DCing a lot, and when off for a very long time got removed from raid with another person invited. Only problem, he made it back before the other person could be summoned, and more drama. So the person stood there in the instance, un-partied, demanding that it isn't his fault he's capped, and if he's gonna get removed from group for capping, he'll hold up the instance so no one can do it. After about 20 minutes of him in /s; people finally started to port out, very unhappy and some saying it's time to report him to the game masters for physical harassment (though in raid chat, not where he'd have seen it). His last words

Quote:
time to get my axis buddies in here, and steal your kara from all of you
All I can say is, that's one guy to never run with again. Besides lost badges for the week (up to maiden only is rather bad), after all that; well I among others just simply didn't have time to wait this all out. It was about 2 hours before invites for black temple would begin. Man, I really do miss the fun times Gilthanas and I had together, though he no doubt believes otherwise.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-08, 12:57 AM   #21
winton

Send a message via AIM to winton

I don't think you realize the difference between WoW and Eq (AC or FF XI etc) what you just said only means you don't get invited again by the X people you grouped with. Same thing happens in all MMO's. No biggie getting another character to 70 in WoW doesn't take long. Anyone can solo to 70 in WoW its not that hard.

Things in FF XI that conned "easy" would kick my ass. I had to level to 25 three or four times! There's absolutely no major setback for dying in WoW (or Lotro for that matter). However with the attention span of today's average gamer I don't think these death penalties will be used again.
winton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 07:19 PM   #22
Severian126
Y SO SRS?

I played EQ1 for about 3 months.

Took my Wizard to lvl 30. I quit because I got tired of sitting there screaming LVL 30 WIZARD LFG!

And when I do get a group, I got tired of blasting things for a minute or so, and sitting there and having to listen to the other party members grumble for 5 minutes or more of downtime.

I also got sick of begging for SOW or Clarity.

Corpse run wasn't fun either.

I miss Ultima Online.
Processor: Core 2 Extreme QX6850 3.0GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB - OC @ 3.2 GHz Liquid Cooled
Memory: 4GB Low Latency DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 1066MHz - 2 x 1024MB
Motherboard: NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 320GB (2 x 160GB) Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 10,000 RPM w/ 2 x 16MB Cache
Storage Drive: 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 16MB Cache
Power Supply: Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI

XBOX LIVE: Kungfujoe126 - Catch me on NBA 2K9!
PSN: Severian126
Steam: Sever126

Currently Playing: Fallout 3 (PC), NBA 2k9! (360), Dead Space (PS3), Silent Hill Homecomings (360), Fable 2 (360)

Quote:
Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who is in command here.
Severian126 is offline   Reply With Quote