Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-10-08, 07:16 PM   #49
Bearclaw

Default Re: Core 2 Quad Build - Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyy View Post
I guess, but even if that was so i'd still go with the AMD myself now, to have something different.

Up to you really, i don't mind it's just AMD is interesting me lately

Anyone going for price/performance in my area i tell them get AMD and enthusiasts for Intel, as prices here in Ireland are substantially more
expensive than in US on everything.
Ya, I am not an extreme gamer at all. I play the occasional TF2, and some flight sim (Which although is a demanding game, I can still play it with a lot of things on and not drop in performance). Other than that, it is just office work, and internet stuff. Nothing too heavy.
Old 07-12-08, 03:49 PM   #50
Redeemed

Why not this:

Phenom 9600 Black Edition + free shipping

ASUS M3N 750a SLi mobo

And this G.Skill 4GB DDR2 800 RAM.

Grand total (minus tax + shipping) is only $354.97. That'd be a 2.3GHz quad core CPU with unlocked multipliers, an SLi capable mobo, and 4GB of RAM for under $400. And, I can personally vouch for the awesomeness of the 9600.

For the use you say the system will be getting, the above setup is near impossible to beat. As is with the rig in my sig I cal play crysis with all in-game options on medium, at 1680x1050 and never have it dip below 30fps. Up it to "High" for all in-game options and the framerates dip every once in a while.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 09:10 PM   #51
Redeemed

Fine, bitchclaw- ignore my advice. WE'RE THROUGH!

*puts bitchclaw on ignore*

Old 07-14-08, 09:20 PM   #52
Bearclaw

Oh dang, sorry Redeemed! I just saw this now.

Checking it out your recommendations now, will edit this later.
Old 07-14-08, 09:25 PM   #53
Redeemed

lol-NP. I know that Newegg had a bundle deal with the 9600 and that RAM... not sure if it's still going or not. You saved a boatload of money though. It was a very similar deal that caused me to purchase my 9600. Then 1 week later the 9850 was released. Go figure.

Anyhow, if those prices are still accurate you'll not be able to configure a cheaper quad core setup, unless you went with the 9500 or such- but I don't know if that processor will have the same deal with the RAM or not- or if it's gonna' be the Black Edition with unlocked multipliers.

Anyhow, give it a look and let me know what you think. If you want me to run any benches, let me know and I'll see what I can do.