Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-15-08, 10:58 AM   #25
jolle

Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

With only one city per faction, it doesnt matter THAT much that empire as a class has no tank does it? I mean all races will meet in the fight between those 2 cities, and in battlegrounds..
Or is there any place where groups of only one race clash with another race of opposite faction?
I haven´t played so I´m a bit sketchy on the details on the game..

I guess EA is pushing them a bit on the release, but I think I prefer their decision to cut things instead of releasing with wacky balancing or whatever the issue they have is..
Old 07-15-08, 01:23 PM   #26
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
Did you give up on AoC and go back to WoW Ninja?
Wow sorry for the long delay in responding...yes I did but unfortunately WoW isn't really keeping me interested anymore. I don't have time to raid these days, even on a light schedule, and I've done everything else there is to do. I've decided to just forget about WoW and other MMORPGs. When I have time for video games, I want to play a variety, not just one.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 04:51 PM   #27
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Why are people so worried about the 4 cities right now? Now correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they used for endgame content really? Why are we worrying about endgame content for a game that wont be out for months? Mythic will have time to add them in.

As for the careers that will be delayed...I played a broken ass paladin in WoW since nearly release so here is my take on it...If the class don't work then take it out, make it work and add it later. I would rather have 20 good classes over 20 good classes and 4 broken ones.

Mythic has already stated the cities will be patched in. They aren't so sure about the classes, but I'm sure they will come up with something.

On a side note, woot got in closed beta today!

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 07:31 PM   #28
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

after watching the new trailer for this game is looking a lot like daoc, even the animation are the same
Old 07-15-08, 08:13 PM   #29
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

That trailer is just awful. The player made beta stuff looks much better for some reason.

Evga x58 LE
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
Old 07-15-08, 09:21 PM   #30
Sgt_Pitt

Linkage ?
Old 07-15-08, 09:35 PM   #31
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Pitt View Post
Linkage ?
YGPM

Evga x58 LE
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

Old 07-16-08, 09:30 AM   #32
CybrSage

Just got in the beta...I will see how it looks currently.

Old 07-16-08, 08:19 PM   #33
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

I'll be keeping my 2 CE preorders, and thats all I'm gonna say about it. That beta video from EA is old or a joke or something, trust me...

Evga x58 LE
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

Old 07-23-08, 09:25 PM   #34
Odral
True Gamer

Hello everyone, I tried to pre order the collectors edition along with the pre order code card and I am having no luck anywhere . I would be more then happy if someone out there has an extra pre order code card or if any of the Best Buy's or Gamestops around your area has any left it's like 10$ and I would pay to ship it to me via Pay-Pal. Please send me a pm and thanks in advance.
Odral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 08:17 AM   #35
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Yeah I decided not to go all chicken little about the cuts....I figure they had good reasons for doing it.

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 04:24 PM   #36
jolle

I think the city cuts were for several good reasons.
A) the art prolly wasnt done, all the content.
B) with the class cuts the balance could be off.
C) the RVR would get spread out too much, if too few people take part in the city sieges and divided over 3 areas, instead everyone is focused between 2 cities.

Class cuts, well, they said there werent happy with them, the more classes the harder to balance aswell.
Better to cut stuff, be up front about it, then to put in a lot of broken stuff and market broken features, whereupon the userbase will bleed out of the game after a while when people starts feeling cheated.
AoC is feeling alot of that I think, heard alot of complaints about features like guild city sieges and stuff not working all that well..
Shame about the Choppa though, was one of the classes I was looking forward to the most though, but it´s bound to return sooner or later.

There is potential for expansions later on, I hope they´ll add in more Chaos factions, Khorne or Nurgle would rock, Khorne berzerker or a bloated oozing Nugle tank.
Perhaps a "mixed" Chaos faction could work, to keep it simple, one class from each of the remaining principles, Khorne, Slaanesh and Nurgle, melee dps, caster, tank for example..
But thats years away at any rate, a man can dream though, a man can dream...