Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-04-08, 01:01 PM   #13
jmanrob
Tweaker

Default Re: Crysis tweaked config.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
I've been using this config for a couple of days now and it's much better than vanilla very high! Runs smoother and looks better!
Sweet! glad you like it.

Extreme Quality Mod
jmanrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-08, 04:06 PM   #14
Delbert

nice config... although i toned down the HDR and turned the motion blur off.... just hate that crap.
Old 07-04-08, 10:46 PM   #15
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanrob View Post
Guys please continue to give me some feedback, so I can find the right balance between performance and visuals...

First pic is depthoffield 1, second pic is dof 2, which looks best?
I cant really tell any difference, but from what i know depthoffield 2 is a more realistic looking DOF. You can compare by looking through your iron sights with any weapon. The blur on DOF2 looks more natural.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 05:46 AM   #16
jmanrob
Tweaker

This will be the last update for the config more than likely, if you prefer dof=1 just change it back. Thanks for the feedback...

Extreme Quality v 1.02

* Removed uneeded cmds that were already being activated through cvar folder with "sys_spec_Full"

* Changed the cmd depthoffield=1 to 2 for a more natural look.

* Soften & blur shadows for a more realistic look.

* Increased Shadows cast view distance slightly.

* Change HDR brightoffset to default.

* Increased sprite distant ratio.

Extreme Quality Mod
Old 07-09-08, 11:55 PM   #17
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Sweet, thanks for the update. I'm going to apply this tweak and finish Crysis.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 02:16 PM   #18
jmanrob
Tweaker

It really does make a huge difference from the vanilla in terms of visuals. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Extreme Quality Mod
Old 07-13-08, 10:32 AM   #19
jmanrob
Tweaker

I did some pics in the editor today with the config, all other pics on 1st page are in game. These pics have no AA or AF just edgeAA.

Extreme Quality Mod
Old 07-14-08, 09:02 AM   #20
jmanrob
Tweaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
works great on my system BUT....

too much damn hrd!

anyone give me the auto.exe value to tone it back to normal values?

same for the shadows...WAY to dark for me

* fixed in version 1.2

Extreme Quality Mod

Old 07-16-08, 08:45 AM   #21
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Meh, I still think the Mster config is the best performing but HP's mod looks best.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-08, 06:53 PM   #22
jmanrob
Tweaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
Meh, I still think the Mster config is the best performing but HP's mod looks best.
I've tested hp's config with screenshots, mine has slightley more detail on distant terrain, and water reflections. Just take pics with both configs and compare I never tried mster cfg.

Its really all about personal preference...

Extreme Quality Mod
Old 07-17-08, 08:12 AM   #23
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

What I don't like is that nearly every mod I've tried has some overly done SSAO settings that give that odd glow around your weapon and other object edges in low light...especially grass. It makes the grass look like it's got some wierd layer stroke effect from Photoshop or something.. Takes away all the crispness of the texture.

Anyways, here's my thread regarding my thoughts on the mster config.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114846

The main thing for me was that it totally shattered my previous benchmarks and though after pouring through the config file, I discovered lots of visuals had been turned down, what mattered the most was that my eyes didn't realize this. They found the right ones to turn down and the right ones to leave high and it wasn't until I started hacking away in the command console and changing values, taking screen shots, etc and I went back to my screenshots folder and looked at the untouched Mster config sshots and those that I had ended up with after about an hour of tweaking, I saw that visually, there was nothing groundbreaking that I was missing, nothing that made me want to keep my settings and more importantly, I saw that my FPS had dropped from 43 down to 29.

The quality of visuals did not increase proportionally to how much the quality of gameplay decreased from that missing 12~15 fps.

That is the big picture (IMO) that a lot of us don't get. Gaco and I slaved over the console for over 2 weeks and exhausted every single console command and the fps changes and stuff and though we both had a good config setup going towards the end, it wasn't until I saw the mster config and saw the rediculous frame rates it was getting me then went through it's config files and realized I was going about it the wrong way.

I was starting with a very high 26 fps maxed out visuals config and then dumbing it down until it hit low 30's on avg in the benchmark and calling it a day. The guys that did mster config went the opposite way I believe and started with it dumbed down and built the visuals up and this way could see what made a difference and what didn't as far as visuals go and what affected FPS more than some other value.

anyways, I'm not knocking your config. I know that anyone who does this stuff obvoiusly has to put a lot of time, trial and error and screen shot comparison time into it and I respect that. I can't count how many hours I read through config files and how many various console commands I've typed in.. probably longer than I've spent playing the game!!
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-08, 07:46 PM   #24
jmanrob
Tweaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
What I don't like is that nearly every mod I've tried has some overly done SSAO settings that give that odd glow around your weapon and other object edges in low light...especially grass. It makes the grass look like it's got some wierd layer stroke effect from Photoshop or something.. Takes away all the crispness of the texture.

Anyways, here's my thread regarding my thoughts on the mster config.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114846

The main thing for me was that it totally shattered my previous benchmarks and though after pouring through the config file, I discovered lots of visuals had been turned down, what mattered the most was that my eyes didn't realize this. They found the right ones to turn down and the right ones to leave high and it wasn't until I started hacking away in the command console and changing values, taking screen shots, etc and I went back to my screenshots folder and looked at the untouched Mster config sshots and those that I had ended up with after about an hour of tweaking, I saw that visually, there was nothing groundbreaking that I was missing, nothing that made me want to keep my settings and more importantly, I saw that my FPS had dropped from 43 down to 29.

The quality of visuals did not increase proportionally to how much the quality of gameplay decreased from that missing 12~15 fps.

That is the big picture (IMO) that a lot of us don't get. Gaco and I slaved over the console for over 2 weeks and exhausted every single console command and the fps changes and stuff and though we both had a good config setup going towards the end, it wasn't until I saw the mster config and saw the rediculous frame rates it was getting me then went through it's config files and realized I was going about it the wrong way.

I was starting with a very high 26 fps maxed out visuals config and then dumbing it down until it hit low 30's on avg in the benchmark and calling it a day. The guys that did mster config went the opposite way I believe and started with it dumbed down and built the visuals up and this way could see what made a difference and what didn't as far as visuals go and what affected FPS more than some other value.

anyways, I'm not knocking your config. I know that anyone who does this stuff obvoiusly has to put a lot of time, trial and error and screen shot comparison time into it and I respect that. I can't count how many hours I read through config files and how many various console commands I've typed in.. probably longer than I've spent playing the game!!
I totally agree with you about the ssao values, I have tried several combinations imo i think its the right balance. It really depends on what the users have their monitor brightness and contrast set at. I use 80% Brightness & 70% Contrast, some people might have this a lot lower making it seem really dark with some of the configs out there...

As for all the eye candy, if you can run it with no probs why not? I realize im not attracting a large crowd with my tweaked autoexec. I made this config for peeps that can run veryhigh without a hitch. I've made alot of optimizations in the config to improve performance and visuals. I have also fixed artifacts with the vanilla version, read my thread below on the users feedback; http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=31242

Hp's config performs slightly better with max fps than mine. However most find mine smoother and consistent with less stuttering, with increased visual quality. One thing about my config is im using the sys_spec_full cmd that elimnates the use of having to use so many cmds in a autoexec file.

When im back in the states I'll try mster config out, all i have now is my lappy with me

Extreme Quality Mod