Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-03, 12:56 AM   #73
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: THIS SUCKS NUTS!

Quote:
Originally posted by eesa
no dude. it was definitely sent to you. And msg tracking says you're online, but haven't read the msg. Perhaps I'm on your ignore list
No, I just screwed up again. I don't have anyone on me ignore list at this site.

PMed ya back.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-10-03, 01:05 AM   #74
StealthHawk

Default Re: THIS SUCKS NUTS!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I was pruned from that bloody arrogant ghits bloody ad thread along with any other bloody post that the ghit bloody didn't bloody like?!?

I AM BLOODY PISSED!

It was you Stealthhawk, wasn't it.
Yes, it was me. There is no reason why that thread should have gone on as long as it did. There is no reason why it should have gone so far. How a sale thread went to personal attacks to threats is sickening. Quite frankly, Headbust, Madthumbs, and yourself were all out of line. Posts from all three of you were removed. This forum does not need heartache drama between members escalating in such a manner.

I removed posts from that thread at my own discretion, not because Madthumbs complained about his thread being crapped in, but because it was the right thing to do.

Madthumbs: There are more appropriate venues to take if you want your grievances addressed here. Rather than making threads in the Open Forum trying to garner support, use the "report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of each post. You can also PM any of the moderators here with your problems. Expecting immediate and omniscient responses to problems is far fetched and unrealistic. I am sure that the other moderators here, along with myself, do not read every post in every thread- there are too many. Help us help you.

Old 08-10-03, 01:09 AM   #75
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: THIS SUCKS NUTS!

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
Yes, it was me. There is no reason why that thread should have gone on as long as it did. There is no reason why it should have gone so far. How a sale thread went to personal attacks to threats is sickening. Quite frankly, Headbust, Madthumbs, and yourself were all out of line. Posts from all three of you were removed. This forum does not need heartache drama between members escalating in such a manner.

I removed posts from that thread at my own discretion, not because Madthumbs complained about his thread being crapped in, but because it was the right thing to do.
Your site, your call. I know what to do if I don't like it.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-10-03, 01:31 AM   #76
ChrisRay

Default Re: Re: THIS SUCKS NUTS!

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk

Madthumbs: There are more appropriate venues to take if you want your grievances addressed here. Rather than making threads in the Open Forum trying to garner support, use the "report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of each post. You can also PM any of the moderators here with your problems. Expecting immediate and omniscient responses to problems is far fetched and unrealistic. I am sure that the other moderators here, along with myself, do not read every post in every thread- there are too many. Help us help you.

|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 08-10-03, 04:29 AM   #77
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

My 2 cents, the entire argument here was moronic at best. All of those involved should have known better and just not bothered with the slurry of crap flung at each other. Digi I think you need to calm down as well as Madthumbs. And Madthumbs personally I do not appreciate your post questioning the mods here. The issue was dealt with as soon as we saw it. To be honest the last place you expect a childish name calling thread is the for sale forum. Instead of sitting around and responding to each other one of you could have hit the alert a moderator button and we all would have known about this a lot quicker. A lot of time would have been saved and we would not be having to go through all of this over such a stupid reason.

Please please please do not question our moderating standards when in the end it comes down to the user to make this place enjoyable and to respect each other. We should not be here to hold peoples hands and tell them what to do constantly.
Old 08-10-03, 10:11 AM   #78
madthumbs

@vampireuk

I didn't notice any "alert a moderator" button. Sorry. I did see the "contact us" button and did send email to Mikec through it. I also PM'd Juicez who appeared to be aware of the situation to begin with. I find it extremely hard to believe that none of you saw what was happening way before the thread was closed. As stated by someone; I was out of line. But not what I would consider anywhere close to being as out of line as the moderators that knew of it and did nothing.
Old 08-10-03, 10:17 AM   #79
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by madthumbs
@vampireuk

I didn't notice any "alert a moderator" button. Sorry.
Right above the "edit" button is a link that says "report this post to a moderator." Do that, enter in a short message and an e-mail will be sent to all mods and admins about the problem.
Old 08-10-03, 02:13 PM   #80
digitalwanderer

Angry AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by madthumbs
@I also PM'd Juicez who appeared to be aware of the situation to begin with. I find it extremely hard to believe that none of you saw what was happening way before the thread was closed. As stated by someone; I was out of line. But not what I would consider anywhere close to being as out of line as the moderators that knew of it and did nothing.
Can you not get it into your head that you are insulting them with this very post? It is not possible to apologize for an action and at the same time deny it and sling insults.

Seriously, catch a clue. Even I did.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 08-10-03, 02:21 PM   #81
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I'm going to close this for the time been. I consider this issue over with and so should everybody else.