Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-03-08, 08:37 PM   #1
Zeta

Default AoC crashing

Anyone have a fix to AoC crashing? I cannot play this game now, it crashes with in minutes.

I have Vista64 with a GF8800 GT. I am running the latest drivers for everything.
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-08, 09:03 PM   #2
nrdstrm

Default Re: AoC crashing

I have not had the game crash on me at all thus far, but that could change...I havn't played a few days and I hear a patch may be borking things up...I'll let you know after I fire it up in a bit...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-08, 04:35 PM   #3
sadconan

Default Question on AOC Unfair Advantages

Hi i would like to take this time to get a quick poll on members. I'm not sure if i can post this here so if I'm violating the rules mods feel free to delete this post right away, however this is something that has been bugging me so i decided it was time to create an account here and post. Anyways the question at hand is do people think botting sites should be allowed. For example i did a quick search on the net and pulled up right away sites like AOC Age of Conan Bots and Radars or AOC Age of Conan Cheats Exploits and Hacks these sites not only have bots but they have radars that can see players in game. This is something that is totally unfair and gives players far to great of an advantage on others. Well anyways personally i think they should not be allowed as it makes the legit players far underpowered to the overly powerful players. Here is even a screen shot of the radar working that they have on there site it needs to be stopped.

Last edited by sadconan; 08-26-08 at 08:08 PM.
sadconan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-08, 10:36 AM   #4
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Anyone have a fix to AoC crashing? I cannot play this game now, it crashes with in minutes.
There is a simple fix for AoC. Cancel your account and delete that crappy game. If you like to torture your self go to Getmo.

If you really want to play this game then play it on Windows XP. It runs so much better on that OS. I've ran it on both and Vista is crap for this game. Still my best advice is to stop laying this ****ty game.

Oh, I'm slow. A forum troll bumped this old thread. Delete the whole damn thread.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-08, 12:43 PM   #5
ginfest
"Oderint dum metuant"

I like the game and it has and does play fine on Vista(x64).
Sorry you didn't care for it and although I could care less what you play, your negative generalizations are getting old

Heat
ginfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-08, 01:53 PM   #6
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginfest View Post
I like the game and it has and does play fine on Vista(x64).
Sorry you didn't care for it and although I could care less what you play, your negative generalizations are getting old
The game played horribly on Vista when it first came out. It lasted at least until the end of the first month of release. It was a wide spread problem they had with memory leaking. That is not a generalization.

I loved the game till level 50 then it got boring as hell. I'm sorry but grinding those 3 villas for 9 levels is not fun. The lack of content killed this game.

The movement in the game was clunky and annoying. The game had a poor aggro system. You still to this very day can fall through stairs and through the floors of buildings. Gear in this game simply does not matter. I could use lvl 30 items and get do the same damage as lvl 50 gear. Oh and the epics dropped from raids was just barely better than blues at the same level.

The game was a huge let down for me. I followed it from the first announcement of it's production.

I have only said about 4 things bad about this game and you can't handle that? Who cares if you don't like what I say. Who cares if I say I don't like a game I spent $65 on. Who cares if you are tired of the few bad posts I have put up about this bad game. If you like it fine. I don't and I canceled my account a month ago.

What I do get tired of are people like you who complain because people are negative towards a game you like. Grow thicker skin. If you like it that is all that matters.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-08, 12:19 AM   #7
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

^ I've yet to encounter any crashing on Vista64 with AoC.

To OP, have you tried re-installing the game?