Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-03-08, 10:10 AM   #49
Sgt_Pitt

Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

The game is the most polished beta i've ever seen.

Pure quality.
Old 08-04-08, 09:36 AM   #50
CybrSage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
Order still have tanks I think, Empire dont anymore, nor do Dark elves I think.
Orcs lost their Melee DPS (Choppa).
So its not that one side doesnt have tanks, the races are getting pretty mixed up so it prolly isnt gonna matter as long as Order vs Destruction are class complete.

Listening to user feedback is good, as long as its filtered with comon sense, Funcom seems to unthinkingly just do what the users are screaming and it doesnt sound as if that is going to well..
But sofar its looking pretty promising, Chosen is prolly the most awesome looking thing known to man at this point.
My biggest fear (and since I am in beta I will not say if it has been confirmed or not) is that Chaos will attack the Empire with a horde of tanks, supported by healers. The Empire will not have the ability to kill off the tanks before the tanks swamp them.
Old 08-04-08, 06:00 PM   #51
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

That would matter if other races tanks couldn't join up with members of empire but it will not be an issue at all.

There is no tank shortage, period.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-08, 09:52 AM   #52
CybrSage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
That would matter if other races tanks couldn't join up with members of empire but it will not be an issue at all.

There is no tank shortage, period.
They can, but they have to travel far distances and stop doing all their local quests in order to do it. Basically, they have to abandon their people to help the humans.

Are you in the beta? Just curious. If so, what is your name in game and what is your main character class?
Old 08-05-08, 05:09 PM   #53
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

not too sure if I can tell you any specifics, but yeah I'm in beta, and I wouldn't exactly call hitting level 6 and taking a flight to another races city a long distance travel, heh.

Evga x58 LE
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
Old 08-06-08, 08:49 AM   #54
CybrSage

Quote:
not too sure if I can tell you any specifics, but yeah I'm in beta, and I wouldn't exactly call hitting level 6 and taking a flight to another races city a long distance travel, heh.
With this latest update, I have seen more people do that. I suspect it will not be a problem once a host of people join when the game is released. I think I am just seeing a low population problem.
Old 08-06-08, 11:14 AM   #55
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

How is this game coming along? I'm considering taking the plunge when it is released as I became sick of WOW.
Old 08-06-08, 12:37 PM   #56
gravioli

I have the collector's edition preordered from the EA store. How does getting into the Beta with a preorder work? The Warhammer website says that EA sends out codes about once a week. Does everyone who preorders get in the Beta or is it still a random selection process?

Old 08-06-08, 06:50 PM   #57
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

release date i set for Sept 18th!

@gravioli...if you preordered the CE you are guaranteed a spot in the open beta, which is really still kind of a closed beta. I'm sorry but I cant really help you out on getting the keys, but you might want to check the forums over at www.warhammeralliance.com, there is like a Q/A thread on beta keys I believe.

NDA should drop next week so watch for the flood of info, screenshots and videos.

Evga x58 LE
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

Old 08-06-08, 07:05 PM   #58
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Still enjoying AoC at the moment, ill buy WAR if i like WAR ill stick with it, if not ill stick with AoC.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-08, 07:34 PM   #59
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

must resist mmo, must re.....sis......ist......

Yep, my mmo experience started with WOW and ends there. lol
Old 08-07-08, 01:30 PM   #60
gravioli

Quote:
release date i set for Sept 18th!

@gravioli...if you preordered the CE you are guaranteed a spot in the open beta, which is really still kind of a closed beta. I'm sorry but I cant really help you out on getting the keys, but you might want to check the forums over at www.warhammeralliance.com, there is like a Q/A thread on beta keys I believe.

NDA should drop next week so watch for the flood of info, screenshots and videos.
Thanks for the info. It would be nice if they had an official forum.