Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-07-08, 12:33 PM   #1
xindon

Send a message via ICQ to xindon Send a message via MSN to xindon
Unhappy GeForce Go 7900GS: DVI not detected

Hi,

Problem: On my Toshiba Satellite P100 notebook the DVI output is not working under Ubuntu Linux 8.04.

Description: In nvidia-settings the display is not detected. I've tested it with two different displays and none is being detected. The VGA output works and detects displays without problems, but the signal quality leaves much to be desired.

In Windows XP the DVI output works fine and my external display is detected. Nevertheless it's noteworthy that the DVI output only starts working when the NVidia driver is loaded, so the display is activated when the Welcome.. screen appears. Before there's no signal on it.
I don't know whether it's important, but there's no signal on DVI during the complete booting, just on VGA. As I mentioned, only in Windows after the driver has been loaded the output is activated. I've read in some posts that the Linux driver cannot detect displays if the corresponding port has not been activated during boot time, is that rue? In case it is, what can I do?

xorg.conf:
I've already checked the xorg.conf using several options like ConnectedMonitor "DFP" and UseDisplayDevice "DFP-1" but it doesn't work. It claims that DFP-1 (which should be the external DVI, as DFP-0 is the internal notebook panel) doesn't exist (see Xorg.0.log).

I've attached the xorg.conf, the X log file and the NVidia bug report. I hope this helps.

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
Tim
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.tar.gz (30.5 KB, 95 views)
File Type: log Xorg.0.log (25.1 KB, 98 views)
File Type: txt xorg.conf.theForumRequiresThisExtension.txt (2.6 KB, 108 views)
xindon is offline   Reply With Quote