Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-07-08, 12:30 PM   #61
CaptnStubing

Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk View Post
How is this game coming along? I'm considering taking the plunge when it is released as I became sick of WOW.
I'm not surprised you are attracted to War. It is being developed by hairy French women.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 07:53 AM   #62
CybrSage

Quote:
How is this game coming along? I'm considering taking the plunge when it is released as I became sick of WOW.
So far it is good. I cannot say too much, due to NDA, but I will say they are doing lag stress testing right now. I will say lag will destroy the game, which is why I am glad they are purposefully causing all the people to be in the same zone (and very close together in that zone) at the same time.

It looks beautiful. The storyline is pretty good (not nearly as good as FFXI, but then again, what can compete with a Final Fantasy storyline?) and the RvR is well done.

All of my concerns are slowly evaporating, but more time is needed to say they are all gone. My only real concern still is if there will be balance between Order and Chaos. If 3/4 of the players want to be Chaos then it quickly stops being fun for those who play Order. Not sure how they will control that part, since it is up to the players.

People talk to each other and perform random acts of kindness (such as tossing a heal as I pass by a guy fighting...stopping to heal more if I think he is going to lose) and passers by are always willing to pull an extra mob off you if you suddenly find a group of mobs on you. This is wonderful, and something I hated about WOW. In WOW, no one would even talk to me, no one would tell me how to get out of the city when I was lost, etc.

I can say I think the game will be a success, and I am seriously thinking about preordering it.

One word of caution, if you do play, do not dye your lower level items, as they get replaced very quickly.
Old 08-08-08, 10:30 AM   #63
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSage View Post
People talk to each other and perform random acts of kindness (such as tossing a heal as I pass by a guy fighting...stopping to heal more if I think he is going to lose) and passers by are always willing to pull an extra mob off you if you suddenly find a group of mobs on you. This is wonderful, and something I hated about WOW. In WOW, no one would even talk to me, no one would tell me how to get out of the city when I was lost, etc.
This is how mmos go while in beta. This will go a way once the game goes retail. Then all the pricks move in and the game become like any other mmo.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 10:51 AM   #64
CybrSage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
This is how mmos go while in beta. This will go a way once the game goes retail. Then all the pricks move in and the game become like any other mmo.
I must have been spoiled by my first MMO. FFXI Online was my first MMO (my daughter wanted to play, so I joined as well). Everyone was nice and helpful for the entire time I played it, about 3 years.
Old 08-08-08, 11:05 AM   #65
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Age of Reconing eh?

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 02:50 PM   #66
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

I think I'm rolling a shaman on release. They just seem so cool. I will say this though...there is a potentially game breaking bug with the 2 latest patches, and if they don't clear it up it could possibly be disastrous! /dum dum dum!!! I'll elaborate next week.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 05:05 PM   #67
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

It's not breast issues is it?
Old 08-08-08, 07:18 PM   #68
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
It's not breast issues is it?
actually, thats it! my titty slider AND nipple toggle don't work on my black orc!

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-08, 05:39 PM   #69
DansFace

I'm sure this question has been asked a billion times, but why should I jump from wow to warhammer..

They look a lot a like.. I've been watching game play videos

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-08, 06:09 PM   #70
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DansFace View Post
I'm sure this question has been asked a billion times, but why should I jump from wow to warhammer..

They look a lot a like.. I've been watching game play videos
Don't!

At least, don't do it until its been out for a bit. I've wasted a few hundred bucks on MMOs that were supposed to be "the next big thing" only to have them crap out and start dying a slow death after the first month. Most recently, it has been AoC, before that Tabula Rasa, and numerous others prior.

Developers are too dumb to realize that they have to compete with WoW, which is pretty polished after 4 years. The excuse of, "it's new, WoW had problems when it was new" can't hold water these days. People don't want to go through growing pains in another MMO when they already have lived through it with WoW.

IMO, the ONLY MMO that comes close to WoW, right now, in polish and what it delivers is LOTRO which isn't an option for many since the PvP is rather limited.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 01:40 AM   #71
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
IMO, the ONLY MMO that comes close to WoW, right now, in polish and what it delivers is LOTRO
+1, LOTRO launch was really polished, and today is a very solid MMO. New content is added every 2 months, you always have plenty of things to do
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 06:50 AM   #72
CybrSage

My only real complaint about LOTRO is that I felt like a nobody whose role was to gather rabbit hides while the battle for Middle Earth took place all around me.